Fine lines around the eyes, mouth, and forehead are often the most difficult to treat, as they are caused by repetitive facial expressions that we perform on a daily basis.
That is why ExLinea Peptide Smoothing Serum is a concentrated product that is designed to treat these areas, minimizing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles with a blend of peptides and hydrating emollients.
The neuropeptides reaffirm, tighten and strengthen the skin to reduce the depth of deep wrinkles. While vitamin E neutralizes free radicals to help prevent premature aging.
But the anti-aging formula also contains hyaluronic acid to continuously hydrate the skin, while the rice bran wax leaves a silky smooth appearance.
Results? Minimizes the appearance of fine lines due to repeated movements of the facial muscles, firms and strengthens aging skin, and softens and hydrates the complexion.
Apply it to areas of wrinkles and sagging, focusing on the lines around the eyes, forehead and mouth; always after cleansing and toning, one or two pumps is enough.
And to really see the results that it can have, we are going to analyze all its ingredients. This is what we have done with all our recommendations, and if you are looking for a serum to treat mature skin, you cannot miss this article with The Best Serums for Women of 50 years .
PCA Skin’s ExLinea Peptide Smoothing Serum Review
- Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice : Analyzed in Powder Blossoms’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Hydroxyethyl Acrylate / Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Gluconolactone : Analyzed in Mercadona’s eye contour .
- Aminomethyl Taurate Copolymer : I have not found information about this ingredient, but it is a polymer similar to the rest of the list.
- Aminomethyl Propanol : Tested in Clinique For Men eye contour .
- Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate : Tested in Kanebo’s Sensai Ultimate The Concentrate Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Sodium Benzoate : Analyzed in the Nuxellence de Nuxe eye contour .
- 1,2-Hexanediol : Analyzed in Mercadona’s eye contour .
- Caprylyl Glycol : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Acrylates / C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Santalum Austrocaledonicum Wood Oil : Sandalwood oil, with natural anti-inflammatory properties that quickly soothe the irritated area and accelerate healing. Its astringent properties quickly firm and tighten the skin, and as a natural antiseptic, it accelerates healing, soothes the wound and tones the skin while it heals.
- Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil : Rosewood oil balances both dry and oily skin, as well as combination skin. Supports the healthy regeneration of skin cells. Therefore, it is beneficial in reversing the appearance of aging by smoothing fine lines and wrinkles, toning and smoothing scar tissue. And it is an excellent option for working with acne due to its antiseptic, antibacterial and regenerative properties.
- Sodium Hyaluronate : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Phenoxyethanol : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil : Tested in Clinique Smart eye contour .
- Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil: The essential oil from the tangor shell. In general, the main component of citrus peel oils is limonene (77-86% for mandarin peel), a very common fragrant ingredient that makes everything smell good (but is a frequent skin sensitizer). Aside from smelling good (and therefore being a popular natural fragrance alternative), tangor oil also has significant antioxidant properties that are comparable to the synthetic antioxidant BHT or vitamin E. On the downside, the fragrant components of the peels Citrus fruits can irritate sensitive skin, and they also contain the troublesome compound furanocoumarin which makes them (slightly) phototoxic. This oil contains less than other citrus fruits (such as bergamot or lime), but still,
- Tropolone : Analyzed in Powder Blossoms’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil : Analyzed in NewPeptin’s Wrinkle Repair anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Potassium Sorbate : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Acetyl Hexapeptide-8 : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Phytosterols : Analyzed in SkinMedica’s Dermal Repair Cream anti-wrinkle cream .
- Tocopherol : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men as Tocopherol Acetate.
- Tocotrienols : Analyzed in SkinMedica’s Dermal Repair anti-wrinkle cream .
- Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Wax : Analyzed in SkinMedica’s Dermal Repair anti-wrinkle cream .
- Squalene : Tested in Clinique Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
PCA Skin ExLinea Peptide Smoothing Serum Review Summary
The benefits highlighted by PCA Skin are to reduce expression wrinkles, offering an alternative to expensive Botox injections with a serum full of nourishing ingredients that smooth and plump the skin without being harsh or invasive, and of course, without leaving the side effects of botox.
This effect, the brand intends to take on with acetyl hexapeptide-8 -also called Argireline-, an ingredient that works to minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles by reducing muscle contractions.
And also with the help of sodium hyaluronate -hyaluronic acid- which, as we all know, has the ability to retain 1,000 times its weight in water and plays an important role in hydrating the skin.
However, for these two ingredients to give these benefits, they must be present in the right proportion, that is, at the top of the list. But this is not so.
What’s more, they are in the lower-middle part of the list. This is the problem with this product. Although the active ingredients they have chosen are powerful to reduce wrinkles, hydrate the skin and regenerate the skin, their proportions are not correct.
An example. The squalene is another asset that stand out, a natural oil found in foods such as olives and wheat germ, which is a great antioxidant and moisturizer, but unfortunately is on the top of the list. Imagine its proportion, and its effect on the final formula.
The same goes for rice bran wax, which helps hydrate and soften the skin. But it is in the second to last place.
In contrast, in the first positions we find aloe vera juice, which is an interesting regenerating ingredient, a moisturizer and filling ingredients.
In short, the product is primarily a moisturizer and regenerator that even includes a couple of irritating ingredients, and a sensitizer. Quite the opposite of what the brand tells us, selling it as a product that aims to offer us a notable difference.
If you are looking for an anti-aging product that treats and prevents your wrinkles, and also fights against all other signs of aging, we recommend the Nezeni Cosmetics serum.
With a good amount of vitamin C, hyaluronic acid and quinoa extract, in addition to other ingredients, it is the best option to restore your skin its youthful glow.
Kathie Sand always saw the world of beauty as the terrain on which to build her professional career, a goal that was clear to her when she was only 15 years old. Her great concern to expand knowledge led her to settle in Paris where she studied hand in hand with the best beauty professionals and with the most advanced techniques for skin care.