Formulated with Dr. Perricone’s proprietary Olive Polyphenols, this multipurpose eye treatment promotes firmness and smoothness while providing rich hydration essential for a more youthful appearance.
A blend of four proprietary neuropeptides work together with different botanical extracts to offer the following benefits:
- Minimize the appearance of fine lines and crow’s feet.
- Improves the appearance of firmness.
- Provides essential hydration.
- Banishes dark circles under the eyes.
The tocotrienols provide powerful antioxidant protection while soothing the skin, especially beneficial for sensitive skin.
This non-greasy yet deeply nourishing formula is instantly absorbed to provide complete hydration to the delicate skin around the eyes.
Ideal for dry or delicate skin, this powerful yet gentle cream is designed to firm and smooth the appearance of skin without causing irritation or sensitivity.
At the same time, it provides a feeling of freshness and calm, leaving the skin perfect for applying makeup.
As is customary in Perricone MD cosmetic products, the contour does not contain parabens, sulfates, synthetic colorants, phthalates or synthetic fragrances.
Having laid the foundations, we are going to see in what proportion are the assets mentioned, to check the real power of the formula.
And then you can not miss our article with the best eye contours for women of 40 years , in which we make several recommendations to treat the delicate skin of the contour once the quarantine is over.
Perricone MD Hypoallergenic Firming Eye Cream Analysis
- Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men as Caprylic / Capric glycerides.
- Glycerin : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides : Tested in Endocare’s Cellage Anti-Wrinkle Cream as Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides.
- Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2 : Tested in Eve Lom’s Cleanser .
- Cetyl Alcohol : Tested in L’Oreal Men Expert’s Vita Lift 5 anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Glyceryl Stearate : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Cetearyl Alcohol : Analyzed in the Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye eye contour .
- Butylene Glycol : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Squalane : Tested in Clinique For Men Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Dimethicone : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Ethoxydiglycol : Analyzed in Germaine de Capuccini for Men ‘s Force Revive Youth Recovery Concentrate .
- Acetyl Tetrapeptide-5 : Analyzed in the Nutreplus Triple Action eye contour .
- Acetyl Octapeptide-3 : Tested in Elizabeth Arden’s Ceramide Lift and Firm Firming Cream .
- Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1 : Tested in Skinception’s Kollagen Intensive Cream .
- Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7 : Tested in Decleor’s Harmonie Calm eye contour .
- Panthenol : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Ectoin: Ectoine is a synthetic ingredient that serves as an emollient on the skin and can also have a cushioning effect in cosmetic formulas. Chemically, ectoine is considered an osmolyte. What this means for the skin is that, like osmolite, ectoine helps maintain balanced hydration by maintaining the correct water balance. By doing so, the skin can better maintain a smooth and smooth surface. More recent research indicates that ectoin may also prevent premature photoaging induced by UVA rays. Helps protect skin from environmental stressors related to different types of natural light and pollutants. This is believed to happen in part due to its antioxidant capacity,
- Xanthan Gum : Tested in L’Oreal Men Expert’s Vita Lift 5 Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides : Tested in Endocare’s Cellage Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Allantoin : Analyzed in Mercadona’s Sisbela eye contour .
- Ethylhexylglycerin : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract : Analyzed in Clarins Multi-Intensive Concentré Zone Regard eye contour .
- Stearyl Glycyrrhetinate : Analyzed in SkinMedica’s Dermal Repair Cream anti-wrinkle cream .
- Sodium Hyaluronate : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Tocotrienols : Analyzed in SkinMedica’s Dermal Repair Cream anti-wrinkle cream .
- Tocopherol : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream as Tocopherol Acetate.
- N-Hydroxysuccinimide : Tested in Decleor’s Harmonie Calm eye contour .
- Chrysin : Analyzed in Decleor’s Harmonie Calm Eye Contour .
- PEG-75 Stearate : Tested in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men as PEG-100 Stearate.
- Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate / VP Copolymer : Analyzed in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Steareth-20 : Tested on Decleor’s Harmonie Calm eye contour .
- Ceteth-20 : Tested in Neutrogena Men’s Age Fighter Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil : Analyzed in REN’s Bio Retinoid anti-wrinkle cream .
- Phenoxyethanol : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
Hypoallergenic Firming Eye Cream Review Summary of Perricone MD
After analyzing the Perricone MD formula we are a bit tepid. It has good things, but they are generally not in the right concentrations.
Apart from squalene, which is (relatively) in a high proportion, 12 ingredients have to be counted before reaching the first functional active, the first peptide.
And followed by the first are the other three, a proprietary neuropeptide complex that activates surface renewal to treat more mature skin problems . In this case, they hydrate, increase collagen, reduce inflammation and smooth the skin.
Along with these peptides, the most impressive anti-aging ingredients are hidden right at the bottom of the formula and are unlikely to be in amounts that will have much or no effect.
This is the case of olive polyphenols , which hydrate and nourish the skin, hyaluronic acid , which hydrates and plumps, green tea , antioxidant and purifying, and vitamin E, another great antioxidant and protector.
It’s especially disappointing that most of the state-of-the-art ingredients are listed after the preservative. For what it costs, the good stuff should be at the top, rather than the bottom, of the ingredient list.
However, you have to admit that there are some interesting things if you sniff and persevere to the end of the ingredient list.
For example, we quite like that there is ectoine , an ingredient that is not very common, but which protects the skin from the effects of cell damage induced by UVA rays.
As for the hypoallergenic part of the name (Hypoallergenic), it doesn’t make sense. The term “hypoallergenic” is unregulated and there are no agreed standards governing its use on skin care product labels.
As a result, any cosmetic skin care product can be named or labeled “hypoallergenic.”
We have seen many products with this claim that contain ingredients that are known to be a problem for sensitive skin.
In fact, this is one of them. It is true that it does not include parabens, sulfates, synthetic dyes, phthalates or synthetic fragrances, but we have seen a solvent with some concern about its low toxicity, and a couple of irritating ingredients .
Another shortcoming of this product is that most of the beneficial anti-irritants, and other anti-aging ingredients will not remain stable due to the jar packaging.
It comes with a small spatula to take the product, but due to light and air, some of its assets will lose their effect with use.
We like its consistency, as it is like a pleasant and comforting balm on the skin. Dr. Perricone recommends applying it along the contour of the eye with gentle patting movements using the pad of the ring finger.
You can use it in the morning and at night to get better results.
The Perricone MD Contour has its strengths and weaknesses, but for what it costs, it shouldn’t have any glitches, so it’s not a product we would recommend.
Hypoallergenic Firming Eye Cream is not hypoallergenic, and its firming abilities would be questionable, so we are compelled to give you a better option. And this is the contour of Nezeni Cosmetics.
This brand uses natural but effective ingredients to fight the signs of aging in the area around the eyes.
It has no irritating ingredients, and its active ingredients are concentrated, thus eliminating many of the problems with this formula. You have the complete analysis in this link .
Kathie Sand always saw the world of beauty as the terrain on which to build her professional career, a goal that was clear to her when she was only 15 years old. Her great concern to expand knowledge led her to settle in Paris where she studied hand in hand with the best beauty professionals and with the most advanced techniques for skin care.