The brand describes its retinol cream as a botanically lush infusion of natural and organic ingredients (71%).
Of course, the main ingredient is Retinol, which is mixed with other actives such as green tea and vitamin E to promote healthy, younger-looking skin.
Dramatically reduces the appearance of sun damage, fine lines and other signs of aging.
This cream can be used once a day, on clean skin. The concentration of this cream is quite high, so you should start the treatment by applying it only once a day, preferably at night. At first it can cause redness and scaly areas on the skin.
After you read this article, I recommend this other one with a Review of the Best Creams with Retinoic Acid . After the analysis, you have all the relevant information about retinoids, their benefits, side effects and all their derivatives.
Poppy Austin’s Anti-Aging Moisturizing Retinol Cream Review
- Organic Aloe : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Organic Sunflower Oil : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream as Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil.
- Isopropyl Palmitate : Analyzed in NewPeptin’s Wrinkle Repair Cream for Men .
- Glyceryl Stearate : Tested in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Cetyl Alcohol : Analyzed in the anti-wrinkle cream Vita Lift 5 from L’Oreal Men Expert .
- Botanical Hyaluronic Acid : Tested in L’Oreal Revitalift Laser X3 Eye Contour as Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid.
- Stearic Acid : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Glycerin : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Organic Jojoba Oil : Tested in Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye as Simmondsia Chinensis Oil / Jojoba Seed Oil.
- Shea Butter : Tested in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream as Butyrospermum Parkii.
- Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E) : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men as Tocopherol Acetate.
- Panthenol (Vitamin B5) : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Retinol (2.5%) : Analyzed in Sesderma’s Reti Age Eye Contour eye contour .
- Organic Green Tea : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men as Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract.
- Propolis : Analyzed in Apivita’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Organic Gotu Kola : Analyzed in Mercadona’s Sisbela eye contour as Centella Asiatica Extract.
- Horsetail Extract : Tested in TruSkin Naturals Vitamin C Serum as Wildcrafted Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail).
- Wild Geranium Extract : Tested in TruSkin Naturals Vitamin C Serum as Wildcrafted Organic Geranium.
- Organic Dandelion : Tested in TruSkin Naturals Vitamin C Serum as Wildcrafted Dandelion.
- Xanthan Gum : Analyzed in L’Oreal Men Expert’s Vita Lift 5 anti-wrinkle cream .
- Polysorbate 20 : Tested on Clinique Smart eye contour .
- Pentylene Glycol : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Alcohol : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men as Alcohol Denat.
- Lecithin : Tested in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Phenoxyethanol : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Ethylhexylglycerin : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
Poppy Austin Anti-Aging Moisturizing Retinol Cream Review Summary
The concentration of Retinol within this cream is 2.5%, an effective level to offer its anti-aging properties for the skin.
Retinol itself is a bit irritating to the skin. At the beginning of the treatment the skin needs to get used to it, especially since the concentration of Retinol in this cream is quite high.
But Retinol is not alone, it is accompanied by other important active agents. One of the main ones is hyaluronic acid, a natural asset that has the ability to store large amounts of water in our skin. With this you can support the skin’s protective barrier, as well as its hydration balance.
The extracts of gotu kola, horsetail, geranium and dandelion are natural substances that are oily and therefore can reduce the loss of moisture from our skin, but they are also anti-inflammatory, healing and antibacterial agents at the same time.
Shea butter is another hydrating and nourishing active agent that is a great addition to any cream.
But I was surprised that to be a natural and organic brand, it includes products such as alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, a toxic and irritating preservative; o Polysorbate, an irritating surfactant.
These ingredients are in very low concentrations, but they are present, and they can produce irritation and harmful effects that are unwanted, if not short-term, then long-term.
It’s a shame, because if it didn’t have these ingredients, it would be a great option.
If you are looking for a healthier alternative for your skin, Vsadey’s Retinol cream is a great option. It has not a single problematic ingredient, no alcohol, no irritants, no toxic, and no silicones.
It uses Retinol as an active ingredient, in addition to other moisturizing, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory ingredients, so it can be a good alternative to Poppy Austin’s cream.
Kathie Sand always saw the world of beauty as the terrain on which to build her professional career, a goal that was clear to her when she was only 15 years old. Her great concern to expand knowledge led her to settle in Paris where she studied hand in hand with the best beauty professionals and with the most advanced techniques for skin care.