Quinoa has become the ideal ally for those looking to eat rich and healthy . Complemented with an infinity of dishes and as the main ingredient in new recipes. This is because including it in a dish as a supplement or addition is very simple, it can be prepared in cold, hot, sweet, salty, formal and informal dishes.
Many people have not been able to experience what quinoa is, and are attracted by its attractiveness and natural properties, but do not know how to prepare it. Another question they have is, children can eat it and they will like it, well, for these people this article is dedicated.
The first thing is to clarify that quinoa is good in the diet of both adults and children . Since they provide positive qualities for the growth of children, such as calories, proteins, iron, B complex, vitamin C, vitamin E, thiamine, phosphors, potassium, magnesium, calcium, among others . Also with the quality of having a low glycemic index, that is, gluten-free.
In addition to the benefits it brings to health, at home, dishes with quinoa are very well seen and accepted by the little ones. Since they can be combined with endless other foods. Here you will find several recipes with quinoa ideal for everyone at home, but especially for those little ones, who are more demanding and difficult to try something new.
Quinoa, prepare and accompany a classic dish
Quinoa is an Andean grain (considered in some parts a cereal or pseudocereal), originally from Peru, which today has become popular among lovers of health and gastronomy. It is present in many recipes for children, starting with the classic salty quinoa that can be served with any combination of foods.
Do not forget to also read Quinoa: Contraindications, Benefits, Properties and how to include it in our Diet
For any recipe, even if only a little elaborate, the quinoa has to be cooked previously. You only need the quinoa (the grams you think necessary) or find in a recipe book. In addition to water (double in general, than the measure of quinoa) and salt (usually to taste).
First, wash the quinoa with plenty of water, preferably, soak for 20 minutes to 30 minutes and change the water a couple of times before putting it on the fire. Boil the water and salt in a large enough pot, until reaching the boiling point. Then, add the dry and clean quinoa, stir a couple of times and cover with medium heat and bring back to the boil.
Sewing the quinoa takes just 15 minutes or 20 minutes in the boiling water. Another option is to add it to the raw and then cook with the rest of the additions , but for children’s recipes we do not recommend it. Then, that we already have the quinoa cooked, it only remains to get to work (clean!) And continue with some straight line. Here we leave you some that you can try.
Quinoa in the children’s breakfast
According to specialists, breakfast is the most important meal . Since our body usually wakes up and needs the energy to continue the day in a healthy, healthy and strong way. In the case of children it is vital, because they are in the stage of growth and development, a good complete breakfast in nutritional properties ensures this, in addition to providing them with a positive attitude.
Do not miss this article Black Quinoa: Precautions, Benefits and Recipes
- 300 grams of quinoa flour (you can find quinoa in this presentation)
- 160 grams of wheat flour
- One teaspoon of salt and one teaspoon of sugar
- 4 eggs
- Virgin or vegetable olive oil
- Stuffing (in this case vegetables and cheese) you choose the one you like
- Beat the eggs in a bowl
- Add the complete quinoa flour, 100 grams of wheat flour, the teaspoons of salt and sugar
- Stir constantly with a few drops of the oil
- Place oil on a griddle, preferably vegetable (so that the tortillas do not stick)
- Spread the dough with a spoon on the plate in a circular way
- Flip constantly until they start to brown
- Remove from the plate and fill
Quinoa and banana crepes
- 200 grams of quinoa (pre-cooked)
- 200 grams of rice flour
- 200 ml of water
- 1 ripe banana
- One teaspoon of sugar and one teaspoon of baking powder
- Vegetable oil
- Mix the quinoa flour and rice flour together with the baking powder in a bowl
- Mash the banana into a mush with it
- Add that porridge to the bowl, along with the teaspoon of sugar
- Stir constantly until everything complements
- Preheat the oil in a frying pan and fry the dough (in “slices”) on both sides.
- When they are browning, remove them and let cool
- You can add the honey and voila
- 500 grams of quinoa flour (commercial or homemade)
- 200 grams of wheat flour
- A teaspoon of salt
- A teaspoon sugar
- Vegetable oil
- Stuffing (in this case vegetable puree and cheese) you can choose what you like
- Heat the water, lukewarm (that we can knead in it without burning ourselves)
- Place the quinoa flour and wheat flour in a bowl, add the teaspoons of salt and sugar
- Add the warm water and a few drops of vegetable oil
- Proceed to knead (make sure your hands are clean)
- When you feel that the more is homogeneous, begin to make the extra balls that you will then spread
- After spreading, place the filling and give it the standard shape of a patty
- Preheat the vegetable oil in a pan for 5 minutes and then fry the patties
You may also be interested in Raw quinoa: Allergies, composition and recipes
Children can eat healthy and delicious with quinoa
Finding a recipe that is not sweet and that children like can be a very difficult task. As adults, we want to provide you with the nutrients in many foods, but these may not be attractive to you . There are many dishes that we want to present to them, and that are healthy and delicious for them. The ideal is to find known recipes and add the healthy.
We provide and recommend recipes that combine foods rich in different nutrients. Here you will find some of the most popular dishes, combined with quinoa . In addition to presenting a range of nutrients much larger than their standard versions.
Vegetable puree and quinoa
Vegetables are very difficult to include in children’s plates, an ideal way to do it is pureed . We can add any vegetable, but in this case we will only use some that we will mention to you.
- 200 grams of quinoa, cooked previously
- 1 zucchini
- 1 potato
- 3 carrots
- Half an onion
- Cream cheese
- Salt and virgin olive oil
- Boil the vegetables in the water, previously peeled and cut into pieces (zucchini, potato and carrots)
- When they are well cooked, add in the blender next to the water
- Then add the quinoa and cream cheese
- Mix until you get a homogeneous paste
- Add the salt and olive oil, while continuing to stir
- When the puree is compact, you can serve it
Chicken and quinoa schnitzels
Children by nature are fans of chicken, but almost always when it is fried or fried . This way of preparing chicken has become popular, but it is not the healthiest. Meat is an ingredient that the body lacks, and we have the ideal recipe to regulate the amount of it and its companions. In 1 hour you can have a portion for 4 people.
Check our article on Raw quinoa: Allergies, composition and recipes
- 1 Cup of quinoa in cooking, very soft
- Onion (white or red), parsley, and diced red bell peppers
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- I am willow
- Previously grated bread (if you wish, also prepared with quinoa)
- Vegetable or olive oil
- Flour (from wheat or from the same quinoa)
- 2 chicken breast
- Place the oil in a pan over medium heat, when it is hot enough add the onion, parsley, pepper and garlic
- Sauté well for about 5 minutes
- Add the quinoa to the mixture
- Keep stirring and sauté constantly
- Add the soy sauce and the bread (homemade or industrial)
- Stir for 3 more minutes
- Shred (crumble) the 2 chicken breasts into strips and add them to the mixture
- Put everything in the bowl of the mixer and beat
- Leave the mixture obtained in a large bowl
- When it cools down, begin to massage (hands must be very clean)
- Spread the mixture in 4 equal parts and give it the shape of the Milanese
- Batter them in flour (not much)
- Preheat the vegetable oil in the pan and place a little on a griddle
- Fry the milanesas for 5 minutes
- Place on the griddle and turn occasionally until cooked through and crisp.
Fish and quinoa burger
This is the ideal recipe if you are looking to provide your children with the properties of fish, among which Omega-3, Omega-6 stand out and it is a natural memory stimulant . The ingredients must be 100% (especially the fish). Without a doubt, it is the perfect dish for children, since you do not notice the taste of fish , and they will always accept a hamburger.
- Hamburger bun (the traditional one)
- 400 grams of quinoa (already cooked)
- 400 grams of white fish (fillets)
- Half an onion and a parsley cut into small squares
- 2 eggs
- Vegetable oil and salt
- Vegetables (tomato, lettuce, cucumber)
- Sauce (any kind, optional)
Know everything you need about Whole Wheat Quinoa: Benefits, Cooking and Recipes
- The first thing is to shred (crumble) the 400 grams of raw white fish, make sure to remove all the bones
- In a bowl add the ingredients such as onion, parsley, eggs, salt, quinoa and the heavy
- Stir with oil until all the mixture is compact
- Place the oil in the pan and heat
- Prepare the balls with the mixture and shape it into “slices”
- Fry them over low heat in the preheated oil
- Open the hamburger bun and place the slices together with the tomato, lettuce and cucumber
- Add the sauce that you want
It may not be a completely ideal recipe, as children do not look for salads on their plates. But this one especially contains our magic ingredient, quinoa. And you can try, put your children this dish. Here we leave you the recipe step by step, and in just 20 minutes you will have it.
- Half a cup of quinoa already cooked
- Lettuce, avocado and green apple
- Salt, olive oil and vinegar (white)
- Cut the lettuce, avocado and apple into medium squares
- In a large enough bowl place these ingredients
- Add the olive oil, vinegar and salt
- Stir until all are combined
- Then add the quinoa, almonds and peas
- Mix, and when everything is compact serve
Chocolate, quinoa and ideal recipes for children
Chocolate is one of the ideal products to combine, since children do not resist it . Cocoa (its natural name) is a superfood in everyone’s diet. Provides nutrient such as protein, fiber and does not contain gluten . Perfect to combine and bring to the table, children usually eat everything and here are some recipes that are also very healthy.
Enter and read this important article Real Quinoa: Benefits, Features and Recipes
Quinoa and chocolate cookies
One of the snacks chosen by children is cookies, and when combined with chocolate, do not be surprised if they are their favorites. A recipe that you can prepare in just 30 minutes and enough to share a couple of cookies with everyone at home, yields 1 to 2 dozen.
- 1 cup of quinoa (250 grams), previously cooked
- Half a cup of wheat flour (250 grams)
- Half a cup of sugar (200 grams)
- Butter (200 grams)
- 2 eggs
- Vanilla (black), honey, and baking powder
- Cocoa powder (optional), dark chocolate (essential), squares or chocolate drizzle
- Mix the butter and sugar in a bowl until smooth.
- While still stirring, add the eggs, vanilla, honey, and baking powder.
- Add the wheat flour and quinoa to the mixture
- Beat until the dough is obtained.
- Here you have two options:
- With cocoa: Add the cocoa to the dough and an extra 200 grams of sugar
- Without cocoa: Melt the dark chocolate and add to the batter
- Stir until a dark brown color is obtained in the most
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees 5 minutes before bringing the tray
- Grease the tray (with butter or use greaseproof paper)
- Place the dough on the tray and give it the shape of cookies you want (with your hands or a mold), well separated from each other
- Take to the oven, leave the fire for 20 minutes to 22 minutes with the same 200 degrees
- Remove from the oven and wait for it to cool, remove
- Garnish, the two previous options are also presented here
- With cocoa: If you used cocoa in the dough, you still have the dark chocolate that you can melt and place in the form of a layer on the cookies, accompanied by the squares or chocolate rain
- Without cocoa: If you already used dark chocolate, you should decorate only with the squares or chocolate rain
Read the article we have on Red Quinoa: Benefits, Differences and Recipes
The main thing is not to confuse the chocolate cake with the chocolate cake (cake). They are two different recipes, that although they have a lot in common, they use one or another different element, as well as their steps for preparation. In just 1 hour you can prepare a cake of 6 portions to 8 portions and here we provide you with the recipe.
- 1 glass of quinoa flour (it is not recommended to use quinoa directly)
- 1 yogurt (the brand does not matter)
- Half a glass of sugar (preferably fine)
- 2 glasses of wheat flour
- 3 eggs
- 100 grams of dark chocolate and 100 grams of grated coconut
- Baking powder and olive oil
- Melt the dark chocolate
- Mix the yogurt and sugar in a bowl and when they are compacted add both flours (wheat and quinoa)
- Add the egg yolks, olive oil and baking powder, stir until a homogeneous mixture is left.
- Divide mixture into two bowls, equal amount in each
- Beat the white of the eggs and do the same, divide evenly in said bowls
- In a bowl with mixture add the dark chocolate and in the other the grated coconut
- Grease the mold (it can be the same as the cakes) either with butter or olive oil
- Alternatively pour both mixtures into the mold
- Preheat the oven for 5 minutes at 200 degrees previously
- Take the mold to the oven and leave the fire for 40 minutes at the same temperature
- Remove from the oven, when it cools you can remove it from the mold and start serving
Sweet recipes are children’s favorites
In addition to chocolate, there are other very attractive sweets for the little ones. As well as fruits and dairy products that are usually added to these. In the diet of children, the sugar and vitamins that fruits provide are many and vital for their development, as are dairy products for their bones, energy and proteins. .
Milk with “fruits” and quinoa
- 1 cup quinoa, unsewn
- Half a cup of milk
- 1 / 4 cup sugar (brown)
- Lemon and orange zest
- Cinnamon (stick and powder)
- 1 / 4 cup evaporated milk
- 2 fruits that you want to combine (in this example strawberries and bananas)
- Wash the quinoa well
- Place the water in a pot and bring to the boil
- Then add the quinoa, the non-evaporated milk, the sugar, the lemon and orange zest, and the cinnamon powder.
- If you wish, add the evaporated milk as well
- Stir and return to the boiling point
- Lower the heat to a minimum and stir constantly for 15 to 20 minutes.
- The mixture should be creamy
- Pour into a bowl, let cool and put in the fridge
- When you are going to serve it, add the fruits and the cinnamon stick
- Stirring until all the ingredients are compacted
Yogurt with “fruits” and quinoa
- A glass of previously cooked quinoa
- A glass of natural white yogurt
- Honey (to taste)
- Chunks of banana and melon (you can combine two other fruits of your choice)
- A tablespoon of sugar
- Dried oat flakes
- Pour the yogurt, oat flakes and honey into the blender
- Beat for one minute
- Add half a glass of quinoa and a tablespoon of sugar to the same mixer
- Beat again, for 2 minutes
- Place the mixture in a deep, wide bowl
- Add the fruits and the remaining half a glass of quinoa to the bowl
- Stir to taste and enjoy this light and healthy recipe
- You can optionally add some meringue (strawberry, in this case)
Check out our article on 29 HEALTHY Recipes with Quinoa
Pumpkin and quinoa cake
It is the well-known cake, in this case made with a combination of pumpkin and quinoa . No cover, just the bread itself. Cakes are among the favorites of the little ones and this one is ideal to instill in them nutrients and flavor. For 8 servings we only need 20 minutes of previous preparation of the ingredients and 50 minutes in the oven.
- 400 grams of quinoa (previously cooked or in flour)
- 250 grams of Pumpkin
- 250 grams of butter
- 4 eggs
- Half a tablespoon of vanilla
- 250 grams of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- Boil the water with the Pumpkin in a pot, until it is soft
- Remove from heat, wait for it to cool
- Place the Pumpkin and the water where it boiled in the smoothie, along with the honey
- Beat until you get a thick mixture
- Place the sugar, butter and eggs in a bowl
- Stir until you obtain a compact and lump-free mixture
- Then add the quinoa (flour or grain) in the blender with the Pumpkin and beat for 3 minutes
- To the bowl add the baking powder, the vanilla, simultaneously add the mixture from the blender until you get something smooth and homogeneous
- Prepare the mold (grease it) with butter or olive oil (optional)
- Place the contents of the bowl in the mold
- Preheat the oven 5 minutes at 200 degrees before
- Take to the oven, cook for 50 minutes at 250 degrees. You must be aware of the cooking times, as they may be different
- Turn off the heat and wait to take out of the oven
- After cooling, unmold and cut the portions
Pineapple quinoa waffles
- 500 ml of pineapple juice
- 500 ml of milk
- 400 grams of quinoa flour
- 200 grams of rice flour
- One tablespoon of baking powder, one of vanilla and one of ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of sugar and 2 of coconut
- Half a teaspoon of salt
- 2 eggs
- 100 grams of melted butter or coconut oil
Do not forget to also read Recipes with red quinoa
- Boil 350 ml of pineapple juice and 200 grams of quinoa in a pot to the boiling point
- Cook over low heat for 10 minutes to 15 minutes
- Mix in a bowl 200 grams of quinoa and the 200 grams of rice flour
- Place the eggs, milk, 150 ml of pineapple juice, butter (or coconut oil), vanilla, tablespoons of sugar and coconut, salt, baking powder and cinnamon in the blender.
- Beat for 5 minutes
- Bring the mixture from the blender to the bowl
- Stir until you get a homogeneous and composed dough
- Place in the waffle maker and cook until they are to taste
The best cookie recipes based on quinoa, for children
The famous cookies (cookies) are a delight for children. And why not give them cookies that provide great nutritional value instead of some that only provide cholesterol and fat . There are several combinations that we can make with quinoa and the standard cookie ingredients, here you can find the ones preferred for children.
Cookies with quinoa and coconut
It is the classic presentation of crunchy banquet cookies. With the presence of coconut that provides benefits such as metabolism acceleration, low in calories, a natural moisturizer, without sugars and that improves the digestive system . Here you have the step by step for this recipe that you can prepare in just 40 minutes.
- 1 cup quinoa (400 grams), pre-cooked (you can opt for quinoa as flour)
- 1 / 2 cup of wheat flour (200 grams)
- 1 / 2 cup sugar (200 grams)
- Butter (250 grams)
- 2 eggs
- Vanilla and baking powder
- grated coconut
Do not miss this article Coco: Contraindications, Benefits and how to take it
- In a large bowl place the butter and sugar, mix until the dough is homogeneous
- Add the eggs, vanilla and baking powder, keep stirring constantly
- Add the wheat flour, the quinoa (natural or in flour, as you prefer) and the coconut
- Beat until compact
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees 5 minutes before
- Grease the tray (with butter or another commercial product that you want to use)
- Shape the cookies (with your hands or a mold) and place them on the tray, well separated
- Take the tray to the oven, leave on the fire for 15 minutes to 20 minutes (depending on how crisp you want them)
- Remove from the oven, wait for them to cool and ready for the children to eat
Cookies with quinoa and orange juice
They are another of the classic presentations. With the incorporation of the orange that offers vitamin C, which is the most recommended for children, since they directly influence the defenses, preventing colds. Here you have the ingredients and respective preparation of this recipe that you can have ready in just 40 minutes.
- 400 grams of quinoa flour (industrial or homemade)
- 400 grams of wheat flour
- 400 grams of sugar
- 250 grams of butter
- 2 eggs
- Vanilla (preferably white) and baking powder
- Thick orange juice
- Mix the butter and 200 grams of the sugar constantly in a bowl, until the mixture is homogeneous
- While still stirring, add the eggs, vanilla, and baking powder.
- Add 200 grams of sugar to the orange juice and beat
- Add the wheat flour and quinoa flour to the mixture
You may also be interested in Coconut Flour: Contraindications, Benefits and Uses
- Beat until the mixture is compacted and produces the dough
- While this shake is being made, add the orange juice constantly, until the dough takes on a thick consistency without becoming uncompacted.
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees 5 minutes before
- Grease the tray
- Take the dough and shape it into cookies (with your hands or a mold that you like) and place them on the tray, well separated
- Take the tray to the oven, leave the fire for 15 minutes to 20 minutes with the same 250 degrees
- Remove from the oven, wait for it to cool down and remove
In summary, the various recipes that we can prepare with quinoa are for both children and adults, you must in when we also want something sweet or different. Dishes with a high level of nutrients to strengthen the growth and development of the little ones , accompanied by the very nutritious and delicious pre-cooked quinoa.
Kids are the hardest critics to please , try one of these recipes as you have nothing to lose. In such a case, they will not like it and you move on to another dish , or whoever removes it and it ends up becoming their favorite menu . So take a risk, get out of your comfort zone, the children and you, you already have the tools, you just need to get down to work.
Kathie Sand always saw the world of beauty as the terrain on which to build her professional career, a goal that was clear to her when she was only 15 years old. Her great concern to expand knowledge led her to settle in Paris where she studied hand in hand with the best beauty professionals and with the most advanced techniques for skin care.