It is time to analyze a product of one of the most important multinational companies in the world, and in which millions of people trust.
Is that trust justified? We are going to see it by analyzing all its ingredients.
If you would like to learn more about eye contours and the ingredients that should and should not include, then I advise you to read this one with an analysis of the Best Eye Contours .
L’Oreal Revitalift Laser X3 Eye Care Review
- Dimethicone : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Glycerin : Tested in ClarinsMen’s anti-wrinkle cream .
- Silica (Nano) / Silica : Analyzed in the anti-wrinkle cream Vita Lift 5 from L’Oreal .
- Acrylamide / Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer : Tested in Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye contour .
- Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil / Apricot Kernel Oil : Analyzed in Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye contour .
- Triethanolamine : Analyzed in L’Oreal’s Vita Lift 5 anti-wrinkle cream .
- Dimethicone / Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer : Tested in Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye contour .
- Dimethiconol : Analyzed in L’Oreal’s Vita Lift 5 anti-wrinkle cream .
- Caffeine : Analyzed in ClarinsMen’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Isohexadecane : Analyzed in the Fiori di Cipria anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Adenosine : Analyzed in the Génifique Yeux Light Pearl contour from Lancôme .
- Disodium Edta : Analyzed in ClarinsMen’s anti-wrinkle cream .
- Propylene Glycol: Also known as Propane-1,2-diol, a petroleum derivative used as a humectant, skin conditioning agent, carrier in fragranced oils, solvent, and viscosity reducing agent. It is also a food additive (E1520) and is also found in deodorant sticks, toothpaste, mouthwash, and other industrial products like antifreeze and brake fluid. It is responsible for the consistent texture of lipstick, the consistency of lotions and formulas that contain both oil and water, the long-lasting fragrance of perfumes, and the foaming action of shampoos. In skin and hair care products, it works by retaining the moisture content of the skin or of the formula, preventing its escape. Propylene Glycol is a moderate risk ingredient, it is an irritant and sensitizer; And it can enhance the penetration of other ingredients, chemicals, and toxins into the dermis by increasing the potential for irritation.
- Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid : It is a low molecular weight version of the naturally large molecule of hyaluronic acid, found in the skin and acting like a sponge that helps the skin retain water, filling it and making it more elastic. As it has a lower molecular weight, it penetrates more into the skin. Hydrolyzed hyaluronic acid can be presented in different molecular weight versions with different properties: restorative, healing, or wrinkle filler.
- Hydroxyethylpiperazine Ethane Sulfonic Acid : Also known by the acronym HEPES, hydroxyethylpiperazine ethane sulfonic acid is a buffer ingredient, generally used to establish a neutral pH in water-based solutions. Research indicates that it can generate free radicals in the presence of oxygen, which means it could be a problem in skin care products. Although research on how it directly affects the skin has not been done, it is an ingredient that is recommended to be avoided.
- Hydroxypropyl Tetrahydropyrantriol: Pro-Xylane is an ingredient originally developed by Lancome in 2006. Research shows it is a sugar-protein hybrid based on xylose, a sugar found in abundance in beech trees and known to stimulate production. of glycoaminoglycans (GAGs), molecules responsible for the defense of the skin against the loss of water. Pro-Xylane enters the skin and triggers the production and construction of sections of the extracellular matrix (the gelatinous network of proteins and sugars that act as a scaffold and buffer between cells) called proteoglycans. These molecules absorb water, making the matrix more gelled, increasing the firmness of the cells and therefore of the skin. According to Lancome (not an independent laboratory),
- Poly-Sorbate 80 : Tested in Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye contour .
- Acrylates / C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Tocopheryl Acetate : Analyzed in ClarinsMen’s wrinkle cream as Tocopherol Acetate.
- Phenoxy-Ethanol : Analyzed in ClarinsMen’s anti-wrinkle cream .
- Chlorphenesin : Analyzed in L’Oreal’s Vita Lift 5 anti-wrinkle cream.
- Ci77891 / Titanium Dioxide : Tested on Nuxellence contour from Nuxe .
- Mica : Analyzed in Nuxellence de Nuxe contour .
Summary Analysis Eye Care Revitalift Laser X3 by L’Oreal
This time I have not found parabens (something common in the brand), but I have found silicones, petroleum derivatives, and various irritating, sensitizing and toxic ingredients that, although when applying the cream you do not notice anything, you must always keep in mind account for the combined effect and future damage.
Of 24 ingredients, only 3 are saved: apricot oil, adenosine, and hyaluronic acid (which is not among the first). Then there’s Pro-Xylane, an ingredient developed by the brand (Lancôme is from L’Oreal) that has no independent lab studies.
The rest are ingredients that give the cream its texture, color, etc. (stabilizers, solvents, surfactants, and pH buffers).
No matter how cheap the product is, it is better not to take anything, at least it will not hurt you.
Any other product is better than this contour, and if you want one that works, I recommend the Nezeni Cosmetics contour, it is more expensive, but it is certainly much more effective, and eliminates the combined effect if it is used with other products of the brand. .
Kathie Sand always saw the world of beauty as the terrain on which to build her professional career, a goal that was clear to her when she was only 15 years old. Her great concern to expand knowledge led her to settle in Paris where she studied hand in hand with the best beauty professionals and with the most advanced techniques for skin care.