Many of us enjoy the varieties of grains that exist in the world, their different flavors, colors, texture, sizes and the combinations of foods that we can achieve thanks to them. Grains have been nourishing all people for many years, they are sources of energy and protein that improve our health.
However, not everyone knows how beneficial it is to consume these grains, many of the people prefer to avoid them and consume other foods that harm the body. But thinking of you lovers of grains and those who are not but what you should eat them when you eat them, here I bring you one of the species of grains that I know you will like and it is the real quinoa.
Previously we had talked to you about this kind of grain but this time we will detail one of the different types of quinoas that exist and that is the ” real quinoa “. As you already know, quinoa is considered a pseudocereal, however it is a seed that comes from the Andes and it has been developed and expanded over time.
What is royal quinoa?
It is a variety of the species of quinoa that grows only in Bolivia at an altitude of approximately 3800 meters, it is found in saline-volcanic soils and is subjected to extreme environmental conditions. It comes from bearable agriculture, that is, they are harvested annually.
Farmers respect, care for, conserve and promote ways and methods of planting that Andean cultures used thousands of years ago to protect the royal quinoa and thus achieve a long-lasting and effective planting.
According to studies by SELADIS (Institute of Diagnostic and Research Laboratory Services) its grain has a greater nutritional contribution than most other grains and measures about 1.6 mm and the size of the plant is more than 2 meters high, which indicates which is much larger than the other quinoa grains.
Check in this article Quinoa: Contraindications, Benefits, Properties and how to include it in our Diet
These peculiarities of the royal quinoa are given thanks to the conditions in which the plant develops because in industrial soils they usually only reach up to 50 cm in height. Which shows that it will depend on where it is grown to achieve its size.
Origin and history of the Royal Quinoa
The unsurpassed characteristics of royal quinoa have made it the most appreciated variety worldwide. For this reason, many countries have tried and continue to try to introduce it on their lands but have not been successful. They are incomparable with the quality and properties of real quinoa.
The royal quinoa is a native food of the Bolivian highlands . It has been cultivated for many times in land with altitudes that exceeded three thousand feet. Its consumption and cultivation is also a tradition in Peru. Today it is also sown in Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador and other countries.
Now, a little history to know how this seed became known worldwide. The royal quinoa comes from the Andean country and it is also found in Lake Titicaca in the countries of Peru and Bolivia. This plant was cultivated and used by pre-Hispanic civilizations and replaced by cereals with the arrival of the Spanish.
Historical studies indicate that its domestication by the peoples of America may have occurred between 3,000 and 5,000 years before the arrival of Christ . Quinoa remains in ancient tombs were discovered in some countries such as Chile, Arica, Calama among others.
When the Spanish arrived, quinoa had a timely technological development and a wide distribution in the Inca territory and beyond. The Spaniard Pedro de Valdivia was the first Spaniard to get the cultivation of quinoa, who when observing it around Concepción mentions that, in addition to other plants, the Indians also sow quinoa for their food.
Check our article on Red Quinoa: Benefits, Differences and Recipes
According to Garcilaso de la Vega’s comments, he points out that the quinoa plant is one of the second grains grown on the face of the earth and that it resembles small rice. Royal quinoa has gained ground over the years, which is why it is known by different names in other countries.
Other names for quinoa
Quinoa is named in different ways depending on the Andean area and the country it is in. For the Bolivians they named quinoa quinoa or jiura, for the Spaniards quinoa is called quinoa or quinoa, for Peruvians this grain is known as kinua and for other countries they call it juba, uvate, rise among others.
Royal quinoa and its benefits
Then we go on to know the benefits of real quinoa, where you will know everything that this great grain has to offer you:
- Royal Quinoa is ideal for young children because it is gluten-free and highly nutritious. Very useful for the first porridges that the baby receives. Also for people suffering from digestive diseases.
- For those who are vegetarians, it is recommended because it provides them with many high-quality proteins .
- For all those who want to increase their diet but without gaining weight and staying healthy, it is perfect to consume this food because it contains less starch and more protein than most cereals.
- It has a low glycemic index which is ideal for people with diabetes.
- If you play sports, if you are sick or if you need a lot of nutrients, this grain was made for you.
- For those who suffer from cholesterol because it provides fiber and vegetable proteins .
- Ideal for people who suffer from obesity as it feeds, satisfies hunger and does not make you fat.
- It is used in plasters (ground) accompanied by other herbs for sprains and some muscle problems.
Nutritional information of real quinoa (per 100 g)
- 250 Calories.
- 68 g of Carbohydrates.
- 13 g of Protein.
- 4 g of healthy fats.
- Royal quinoa contributes many essential amino acids to the body.
- Contains vitamins and minerals among them mention: vitamins B2, 3, 1, calcium, iron, potassium among many more.
Know everything you need about Whole Wheat Quinoa: Benefits, Cooking and Recipes
How is real Quinoa cooked?
Royal quinoa cooks very easily and quickly , about 12 to 15 minutes. Put 3 measures of water and 1 measure of royal cinchona. Many people prepare them with vegetables but that is up to you.
The Real Quinoa can be found in grains, in particles, in flour, in pancakes, in bars and as an ingredient in baby food or breakfast cereals. You can also take it in sweet or savory recipes.
To keep in mind:
At the time of harvesting the real quinoa, it goes through a cleaning and rubbing process to separate the saponins since these could decrease the nutritional value of the grain and be toxic for consumption.
Particularities that characterize the Royal Quinoa:
Each type of quinoa has its own characteristics, for this reason it is possible to differentiate them and the particularities that characterize real quinoa are:
- Grain size: its size is generally 2 mm in diameter, although it will depend on the site that is grown.
- Higher performance: it has higher cooking performance because the grains absorb water better.
- Better Cooking: The boiling form is compact and sponge-shaped, which prevents adherence or that it becomes like porridge.
- Flavor: The particulars of the high plateau saline soil, makes the flavor natural and legitimate.
- Organic: The agricultural environment in which it is produced is managed by organic production methods established by (NOP-USDA, IFOAM)
The Quinua Real brand
Quinua Real brand products are made with Bolivian Real Quinoa originating from ANAPQUI, (National Association of Quinoa Producers), which is a non-profit entity that provides the benefits obtained from the export of this grain in improving living conditions of the farmers and inhabitants of the area.
In 2011, the Quinua Real company was bought by Finestra sul Cielo, which is one of the largest brands in Latin America. The objective of buying the real quinoa company is to be able to import and sell this grain in a processed way into products made from real quinoa. And that everyone knows all the properties of this seed.
Enter and read this important article Types of quinoa: Benefits and Properties of each type
Some products developed by Quinua Real
BULK POWDERS Organic Royal Quinoa in Grain: it is originally from Bolivia. Only this type of quinoa is called real quinoa, because it has larger and rounder seeds that become tastier and fluffier after cooking, in assimilation with other varieties of quinoa.
This product is an excellent alternative to other wheat foods, since it contains a high concentration of iron, which helps reduce exhaustion, normalizes the metabolism of energy nutrients and the functioning of the immune system.
Organic Royal Quinoa Grain
Ingredients of organic real quinoa in grain. Made from 100% organic white quinoa.
Nutritional information of organic real quinoa grain
For every 100 g of real quinoa
- You get Energy: 1472 kj / 348 kcal
- You get Fats: 3.8 g, and they are saturated: 0.5 g
- You get carbohydrates: 62.4 g
- sugars: 1.9 g
- you get Fiber: 6.2 g
- you get Protein: 13 g
- Salt: 0 g
- 4 mg (29% IR)
All people who are vegetarians, who follow a diet without soy, people who do not consume transgenic foods, those who follow a diet without gluten.
Quinoa Real – BIO
Another product developed by real quinoa is real organic white quinoa, its original name is Kinwa, it is known as quinoa in South America and as quinoa internationally. It has antioxidants, such as kaempfero and quercetin, which have shown anti-inflammatory, antiviral, anti-cancer and antidepressant effects.
- 5 kg
- 1 Kg real quinoa-bio-gluten-free
- 500g real quinoa-bio-gluten-free
Black Royal Quinoa
Quinoa of the “real” black diversity is a natural and ideal superfood that grows at more than 3800m in lands surrounding the Uyuni-Bolivia salt flat.
- 25 Kg
- 5 Kg
- 500g black royal quinoa-bio-gluten-free
100% real black quinoa in grain and it comes from organic farming.
Black royal quinoa needs more water than white royal quinoa . For 1 serving of black royal quinoa, 3 to 4 servings of water are recommended. Cook over low heat until the water is absorbed. The final texture is crunchy and does not reach the smooth texture of royal white quinoa.
Read the article we have on raw Quinoa: Allergies, composition and recipes
Quinoa Royal Red – BIO
Its gluten-free nature makes it a perfect and ideal food for people with digestive problems.
- 25 Kg
- 5 Kg
- 500g real red quinoa-bio-gluten free
100% real red quinoa grain, from organic farming.
Like black royal quinoa, it needs more water and is crisp in texture.
Quinoa Real Tricolor-BIO
The tricolor royal quinoa is the mixture of the white, black and red quinoa.
- 25 Kg
- 5 Kg
- 1 Kg
- 500 g real tricolor-bio-gluten-free quinoa
Tricolor real quinoa (white, red and black) in 100% grain, from organic farming.
It is cooked in the same way as real, black and white quinoa.
Recipes with real quinoa
We will present you some recipes with real quinoa which you can easily prepare:
Royal quinoa with salad
- The first step is to wash the real quinoa obviously since all grains, vegetables, fruits and other ingredients must be washed beforehand.
- After you wash them, put them to drain so that after this you can place them in a pan where you will have to toast them without burning them.
- Then you will put them in a pot with plenty of water and a little salt.
- Then cover them and put them on low heat for about 20 or 25 minutes.
- Then you put them in a salad bowl and let them cool.
- While the real quinoas are cooling, you can start boiling the broccoli for about 3 minutes with a little salt and then wash it with plenty of water and let it drain for a while.
- Before doing the above, do not discard the broccoli water in it, put the radishes for a few minutes and add a touch of vinegar, this is done to maintain its smell. Knead for a few minutes and do not wash it.
- Then you place it on the grill in small to large pieces, the tofus will depend on you.
- Later you start making the salad by mixing the already cooked quinoa with the broccoli, radishes, grated carrot, sunflower seeds and the rest. And that’s it, season and serve them to your guests.
Look here 29 HEALTHY recipes with quinoa
Ingredients used for this recipe:
- Real quinoa a cup
- A carrot previously grated
- Half a bunch of cut radishes
- Broccoli previously cut into small pieces
- Half a packet of tofus
- 3 tablespoons of sunflower seed
- And some aromatic herbs
Royal quinoa pancakes
- Royal quinoa 200 grams of flour
- 1 chicken or chicken egg
- Almond milk about 60 milliliters or whatever you get in the supermarket
- Cinnamon or vanilla
- Sugar one or two tablespoons
- Olive oil or whatever you have at home
The first thing to do is mix the real quinoa flour with the egg, the almond milk or whatever you have, the cinnamon or vanilla and the tablespoons of sugar. Stir well so that it is completely mixed and let it rest for a few minutes. Then in a frying pan or if necessary you can also use the kitchen griddle, smear a little oil from the one you have on hand.
Let the pan or grill heat a little and add a little of the mixture, let it cook on each side until they are golden brown. And then you can serve accompanying them with honey, chocolate or in some countries they enjoy eating them with butter and cheese.
Kathie Sand always saw the world of beauty as the terrain on which to build her professional career, a goal that was clear to her when she was only 15 years old. Her great concern to expand knowledge led her to settle in Paris where she studied hand in hand with the best beauty professionals and with the most advanced techniques for skin care.