The Shiseido brand is one of the most respected and highly valued of cosmetic products, and there is no doubt that its packaging, slogans and prices suggest such a thing.
This contour for men is inspired by hyaluronic acid injections, and (always depending on the brand) provides multiple benefits for the eyes, treating specific problems in the area around the eyes: wrinkles, dryness, sagging, bags and dark circles.
So I want to analyze your INCI, to see if you can really deliver on these promises with the ingredients in the formula.
Once you read this article, I recommend this other one with an Analysis of the Best Eye Contours for Men .
Shiseido Men’s INCI Total Revitalizer Eye Analysis
- Dimethicone : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Glycerin : Tested in ClarinsMen’s anti-wrinkle cream .
- Dipropylene Glycol : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Wrinkle Cream .
- Butylene Glycol : Analyzed in ClarinsMen’s anti-wrinkle cream .
- Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate : Analyzed in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Petrolatum : Tested in Clinique For Men wrinkle cream .
- Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum / Huile Minerale) : Same as Petrolatum, the previous ingredient.
- Diisostearyl Malate : A skin conditioning and emollient agent. There is evidence that it can cause contact dermatitis.
- Myristyl Myristate : Used in cosmetics as a texture enhancer and emollient. Increases the body of creams and lotions, and imparts a smooth, slightly waxy feel.
- Hdi / Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer : Analyzed in the anti-wrinkle cream of Collistar Line Uomo .
- Dimethicone Crosspolymer : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream as Dimethicone.
- Behenyl Alcohol : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Trimethylsiloxysilicate : Little information is available regarding Trimethylsiloxysilicate, a derivative of silicone that acts as a skin conditioning agent and can be used as an antifoam agent in cosmetics and personal care products.
- Glyceryl Stearate SE : Tested in Fiori di Cipria anti-wrinkle cream as Glyceryl stearate. The acronym “SE” stands for self emulsifying.
- Stearyl Alcohol : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Erythritol : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Peg / Ppg-14/7 Dimethyl Ether : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Batyl Alcohol : Analyzed on the contour of Avène .
- Isododecane : Tested on Clinique Smart contour .
- Dimethylacrylamide / Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Crosspolymer : A viscosity control agent.
- Phenoxyethanol : Analyzed in ClarinsMen’s anti-wrinkle cream .
- Peg-20 : Analyzed in Decléor’s Harmonie Calm contour .
- Peg-40 Stearate : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men as PEG-100 stearate.
- Tocopheryl Acetate : Analyzed in ClarinsMen’s wrinkle cream as Tocopherol Acetate.
- Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891) : Tested on Nuxellence contour from Nuxe .
- Polysorbate 60 : Analyzed in the Fiori di Cipria men’s anti-wrinkle box .
- Mica : Analyzed in Nuxellence de Nuxe contour .
- Sorbitan Tristearate : Analyzed in the Vichy Eyes LIFTACTIV Contour .
- Sodium Citrate : Analyzed in the anti-wrinkle cream Vita Lift 5 from L’Oreal Men Expert .
- Bht : Analyzed in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Disodium Edta : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Polyquaternium-51 : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Fragrance (Parfum) .
- Silica : Analyzed in the anti-wrinkle cream Vita Lift 5 from L’Oreal Men Expert .
- Sodium Metaphosphate : An inactive metal ion used to prevent spoilage in cosmetics and personal care products by preventing corrosion (rust) of metallic materials used in packaging. It is also used as a chelator, detergent, water softener, and emulsifier. Sodium metaphosphate is considered a moderately hazardous ingredient, primarily due to the possibility that it may be contaminated with lead. However, specific measures are taken to avoid this contamination. There is also concern about the possibility of it causing toxicity and irritation to the organs, but studies found that these reactions occurred in vitro or at concentrations higher than those found in skin care products.
- Tin Oxide : Tested on Nuxellence contour from Nuxe .
- Citric Acid : Analyzed in the Anti-wrinkle cream powder flowers .
- Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate : Analyzed in the Vichy Eyes LIFTACTIV contour .
- Menthol : Analyzed in the Cien Men anti-wrinkle cream .
- Aluminum Hydroxide : Acts as a skin-protecting and opacifying agent in cosmetics. Instead of penetrating the skin, it forms a refractive layer that helps reflect UV rays away from the skin. It is an ingredient that is made up of aluminum, a proven neurotoxin. The skin is permeable to aluminum salts when, for example, they are applied topically. According to researchers at Keele University, they will accumulate on the skin and be transported to sites throughout the body.
- Limonene : Analyzed in ClarinsMen’s anti-wrinkle cream .
- Iron Oxides (Ci 77492) : Tested in Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye contour .
- Linalool : Tested in ClarinsMen’s anti-wrinkle cream .
- Saccharomyces Ferment Lysate Filtrate : Tested on Oskia’s Eye Wonder contour .
- Benzyl Benzoate : Tested in ClarinsMen’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract : Analyzed in Decléor’s Harmonie Calm contour .
- Retinyl Acetate : Analyzed in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Tocopherol : Analyzed in ClarinsMen’s wrinkle cream as Tocopherol Acetate.
Shiseido Men’s Total Revitalizer Eye Summary
A silicone is what we find as soon as we start reading the INCI; and it seems that the thing does not improve when advancing.
The fourth ingredient is dipropylene glycol, a compound that is not toxic or sensitizing at low concentrations, but here it is in fourth place, so that would be of concern.
And unfortunately it is not the only ingredient on the list that can cause toxicity, irritation or sensitization.
Actually, there is no active ingredient at the top of the list, there are simply emollients, conditioners and lubricants, which, although they are very good to hydrate the area of the dark circles, do not add anything to the wrinkles present, or to the bags.
Already in the lower part, vitamin E and C begin to come to light; as well as some antioxidants, but their ratio is too low for the product to do anything.
And the aluminum compound is also worrying, especially when taking into account the cocktail effect of the cream.
No silicone, no irritating, sensitizing or toxic ingredients; and of course, with various anti-aging active ingredients. This is how I want an eye contour. That is why I choose the Nezeni Cosmetics eye contour.
Find out more about this cosmetic in the Best Eye Contours for Men article .
Kathie Sand always saw the world of beauty as the terrain on which to build her professional career, a goal that was clear to her when she was only 15 years old. Her great concern to expand knowledge led her to settle in Paris where she studied hand in hand with the best beauty professionals and with the most advanced techniques for skin care.