Shiseido Men offers a product designed for men’s lifestyle, which deeply hydrates male skin, while soothing freshly shaved and / or washed skin, providing it with ideal moisture.
After shaving, it restores the optimal level of hydration, which guarantees a comfortable sensation, protecting the skin from redness and irritation that occurs after the passage of razors.
The moisturizing lotion is made with Damage Defense Complex (DDC), which not only protects the skin from external aggressions, but also gives it all the tools it needs to optimize its functions.
In addition, thiotaurine helps to combat the problems of excess oil, characteristic of men’s skin, guaranteeing a balance for oilier skin.
In this analysis we will see what ingredients make up this complex defending damage, in what position is thiotaurine and if there are any other active ingredients present.
And after reading this article, do not miss this other one with an Analysis of the Best Facial Tonics for Men , in which we have compiled the most popular and best valued, and we have valued them by their INCI.
Shiseido Men’s Hydrating Lotion Review
- Glycerin : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Alcohol Denat : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Dipropylene Glycol : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Peg / Ppg-14/7 Dimethyl Ether : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Erythritol : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Ppg-13-Decyltetradeceth-24 : Surfactant and emulsifier.
- Methylparaben : PARABEN.
- Sodium Citrate : Analyzed in Loreal Men Expert’s Vita Lift 5 anti-wrinkle cream .
- Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate : Tested in Kanebo’s Sensai Ultimate The Concentrate anti-wrinkle cream .
- Polyquaternium-51 : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Citric Acid : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Sodium Metaphosphate : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Total Revitalizer Eye .
- Dimorpholinopyridazinone : A heterocyclic compound that absorbs ultraviolet (UV) light.
- Fragrance (Parfum) .
- Thiotaurine : Tested in Filorga’s Ultralifting Lift Designer Serum as Taurine.
- Phenoxyethanol : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Alcohol : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men as Alcohol Denat.
- Limonene : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Tocopherol : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men as Tocopherol Acetate.
- Betula Platyphylla Japonica Bark Extract : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Moisturizing Emulsion for Men moisturizer .
Shiseido Men’s Hydrating Lotion Review Summary
Alcohol is present as one of the main ingredients, so this formula is limited to oily and combination skin, as it is quite aggressive and irritating for the most delicate skin.
Especially considering that there are other irritating ingredients, parabens, perfume or Phenoxyethanol, a toxic and irritating preservative.
As active ingredients, we only find three: Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, which is anti-irritant, anti-inflammatory and soothing; Thiotaurine, which can increase collagen and elastin synthesis, and birch extract, which is an antioxidant, although all three are in a low proportion, especially the last two.
I assume that the Damage Defense Complex (DDC) is mainly made up of the two assets that I mentioned, as they are the only ones that do anything.
A couple of moisturizers complete the formula, which for a high-end brand leaves a lot to be desired.
It has a sunscreen that does not have enough potential to protect the skin from UV rays; and a scrub that also has no ability to exfoliate dead cells.
In general, problematic ingredients outweigh beneficial ingredients, which is why this toner is best avoided.
Nezeni Cosmetics Micellar Water is a much better alternative to Shiseido Men, serving both to cleanse and tone. It is priced similarly, but its ingredients are nothing alike.
Unlike Shiseido, this formula is full of soothing, antioxidant, moisturizing and exfoliating actives, achieving a greater number of benefits. In addition, it does not have irritating ingredients or alcohol, being optimal also for the most sensitive skin. It is clear which one you should use and which one you should not.
Kathie Sand always saw the world of beauty as the terrain on which to build her professional career, a goal that was clear to her when she was only 15 years old. Her great concern to expand knowledge led her to settle in Paris where she studied hand in hand with the best beauty professionals and with the most advanced techniques for skin care.