SkinCeuticals proposes a very ambitious advanced anti-aging treatment, which will help us correct the signs of intrinsic skin aging and loss of firmness.
To do this, he uses cranberry extract, Proxylane and phytosphingosine, ingredients that I already know from other formulas.
As it is not a cream suitable for all pockets, no matter how much a dermatologist recommends it, what I am going to do is analyze your INCI to see if it is effective before buying it.
If you would like to learn more about the creams most used by dermatologists, and the ingredients that they should and should not include, after this reading I advise you to read this Analysis of the Best Anti-Wrinkle Creams Recommended by Dermatologists .
SkinCeuticals AGE Interrupter Analysis
- Propylene Glycol : Analyzed in the Revitalift Laser X3 contour of L’Oreal .
- Dimethicone : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Hydroxypropyl Tetrahydropyrantriol : Analyzed in the Revitalift Laser X3 contour of L’Oreal .
- Cyclohexasiloxane : Analyzed in the anti-wrinkle cream Vita Lift 5 from L’Oreal Men Expert .
- Isohexadecane : Analyzed in the Fiori di Cipria anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Glycerin : Tested in Clarins Men Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Synthetic Wax : A wax derived from a mixture of various oils. It works as a binding and stabilizing agent and can help improve the texture of a product.
- Dimethicone / Peg-10/15 Crosspolymer : It is an ingredient that is used in skin care products as an emulsifier. The ingredient helps give products a smooth feel. It can be used not only to increase thickness, but also to improve a product’s ability to spread on the skin. The ingredient is also used to reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles on the skin.
- Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate : Analyzed in the anti-wrinkle cream Vita Lift 5 from L’Oreal Men Expert .
- Phenoxyethanol : Tested in Clarins Men Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Ci 77163 / Bismuth Oxychloride: Synthetically prepared white crystalline powder, a derivative of the metal Bismuth. It works as a colorant, adding a white pigment to cosmetic products. Provides good glide, silky feel, and excellent adhesion. By reflecting light away from the skin, it helps camouflage wrinkles and age spots. The biggest concern about using bismuth oxychloride is that it frequently causes irritation and sensitization, such as redness, itching, rash, and inflammation. It can also worsen acne to a cystic level and cause rosacea to flare up. For this reason, it is not recommended for sensitive skin types, especially those with acne or rosacea. It should be noted that this ingredient has a chemical composition very similar to that of arsenic.
- Magnesium Sulfate : Analyzed in the Vichy Homme Hydra Mag C + eye contour .
- Salicyloyl Phytosphingosine : Analyzed in the
Génifique Yeux Light Pearl from Lancome .
- Acrylates Copolymer : Analyzed in the anti-wrinkle cream Vita Lift 5 from L’Oreal Men Expert .
- Vaccinium Myrtillus Extract : Tested in Vichy Homme Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Methylparaben : Analyzed in the anti-wrinkle cream Vita Lift 5 from L’Oreal Men Expert .
- Ethylparaben : Same as above.
- Disodium EDTA : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Parfum / Fragrance .
- Butylphenyl Methylpropional : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Coumarin : Tested in Biotherm Homme Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
SkinCeuticals AGE Interrupter Analysis Summary
SkinCeuticals is a brand that belongs to L’Oreal (something I didn’t know), because of the active cosmetics division; and that shows in its ingredients. Why do I say it?
It is enough to read the first and second ingredients (an irritant, a sensitizer and a silicone) to know a little where the shots are going to go.
In third place is ProXylane, an ingredient developed by the brand that supposedly stimulates the production of glycoaminoglycans (GAGs), molecules responsible for the skin’s defense against water loss. Although everything indicated is biased.
The other two active ingredients that were indicated in the cream (cranberry extract and phytosphingosine), if they can help reduce wrinkles, improve texture and lighten the skin, but their concentration is not very high.
There is not a single other active ingredient in INCI.
And finally, it is full of silicones, irritating, sensitizing, allergenic, skin-damaging and toxic ingredients. And if that weren’t enough, there are two parabens.
Little better has to be a cream to be a better alternative than the SkinCeuticals option. But since I am not satisfied with just anyone, I want the best, and right now I recommend Nezeni Cosmetics Antiage cream.
So you already have two recommendations, the one from the dermatologist and mine. Mine is knowingly, that I have tried it (in fact it is the one I am using in my facial care routine) and the results could not be better.
Kathie Sand always saw the world of beauty as the terrain on which to build her professional career, a goal that was clear to her when she was only 15 years old. Her great concern to expand knowledge led her to settle in Paris where she studied hand in hand with the best beauty professionals and with the most advanced techniques for skin care.