SkinCeuticals Serum uses an antioxidant combination of ferulic acid and pure vitamin C and E. All three are good antioxidants, and what they will do is protect the skin from the damage of UVA and UVB radiation, and other free radicals.
Likewise, these antioxidants also stimulate the production of collagen, and work by reducing inflammation, one of the major causes of aging.
The idea is good, but let’s see how the INCI is presented.
And if you want to know what ingredients are used in vitamin C serums, take a look at this article with an Analysis of the Best Vitamin C Serums , so you can make an informed choice.
SkinCeuticals CE Ferulic Serum Antioxidant Analysis
- Ethoxydiglycol : Tested in Germaine de Capuccini For Men Serum for Men .
- Ascorbic Acid : Analyzed in the Lancaster Skin Therapy eye contour .
- Glycerin : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Propylene Glycol : Analyzed in the eye contour Revitalift Laser X3 of L’Oreal .
- Laureth-23 : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream as Laureth-7.
- Phenoxyethanol : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Tocopherol : Analyzed in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream as Tocopherol Acetate.
- Triethanolamine : Analyzed in the anti-wrinkle cream Vita Lift 5 from L’Oreal Men Expert .
- Ferulic Acid : Analyzed in Cumlaude’s Summum RX wrinkle cream .
- Panthenol : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Sodium Hyaluronate : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
CE Ferulic Serum Antioxidant Analysis Summary by SkinCeuticals
It uses 15% of L-ascorbic acid, vitamin C in its purest form which, together with 1% of vitamin E and 0.5% of Ferulic acid, form a very complete antioxidant trio.
In the product description, hyaluronic acid is not mentioned as the main ingredient, but as you can see in the INCI, it appears last. With its low ratio, its anti-aging benefits will be minimal.
It is true that it could be higher, but at least the brand has not deceived us into believing that it can contribute something to the formula.
Pro-vitamin B5 also has its mention, which, although it is in a low concentration, is a good anti-inflammatory ingredient.
However, I am held back by the two troublesome ingredients I’ve seen: the irritating conditioner and the toxic preservative. With more options, I prefer to avoid these ingredients and not risk suffering the combined effect.
As I said, a better option is Nezeni Cosmetics vitamin C serum. With this product we do not run the risk of suffering the consequences of the accumulation of these not good ingredients, which is known as the combined effect of cosmetics.
In addition, it has very similar ingredients, and hyaluronic acid is in a better position to exert its hydrating and plumping effect.
Another plus is that Nezeni’s contains aloe vera and plenty of moisturizers and emollients, ensuring continuous hydration throughout the day.
Kathie Sand always saw the world of beauty as the terrain on which to build her professional career, a goal that was clear to her when she was only 15 years old. Her great concern to expand knowledge led her to settle in Paris where she studied hand in hand with the best beauty professionals and with the most advanced techniques for skin care.