CEO is a moisturizer that infuses the skin with advanced, high-potency vitamin C to combat the first visible signs of aging, while providing powerful antioxidant support.
It is formulated with a 5 percent Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate , stable oxygen, the best form of vitamin C . It is the newest, clinically proven and oil soluble derivative of vitamin C, which penetrates the skin better while being exceptionally stable against oxygenation.
This moisturizer fights the first visible signs of aging and restores the skin’s vital radiance, while it is especially suitable for those with sensitive skin, as the vitamin C derivative it uses is significantly less irritating than other forms of vitamin C.
Once on the skin, it helps increase skin texture and volume for a youthful appearance, as well as providing photostable and antioxidant support.
Blended with protective and anti-pollution exopolysaccharides and finger lime extract, this formula visibly repairs the effects of aging, environmental stress and pollution-induced damage.
It is a rich but not greasy cream , providing hydration and antioxidant protection to the skin to reveal a visibly younger, smoother and healthier complexion.
We are going to take a closer look at the formula by analyzing the ingredients it uses, and thus, we will see if it deserves to be among the Best Anti-Wrinkle Creams for Women over 40 .
Sunday Riley’s Vitamin C Rich Hydration Cream CEO Analysis
- Squalane : Tested in Clinique For Men Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Dicaprylyl Carbonate : Tested in Kiehl’s Facial Fuel Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate : Analyzed in SkinMedica’s Dermal Repair Cream anti-wrinkle cream .
- C10-18 Triglycerides : Analyzed in the Orchid de Cien anti-wrinkle cream .
- Peg-8 Beeswax : Tested in Sesderma’s Sesgen 32 Facial Cream .
- Polyglyceryl-6 Distearate : A skin conditioning agent, surfactant, emollient, and emulsifier.
- Tapioca Starch : Tested in Eucerin Hyaluron-Filler SPF 30 Cream .
- Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil : Analyzed in NeoStrata’s Bionic wrinkle cream .
- Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil : Analyzed in Filorga’s ultralifting Lift Designer serum .
- Citric Acid : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Ppg-12 / Smdi Copolymer : Analyzed in Medik8 CE-Tetra serum .
- Glycerin : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Citrus Tangerina Peel Oil : Analyzed in The Revitalizing Hydrating serum from La Mer as Citrus Reticulata (Tangerine) Peel Extract.
- Sodium Acrylates Copolymer : Tested in L’Oréal Men Expert Vita Lift 5 Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men as Acrylates Copolymer.
- Bisabolol : Analyzed in the Lancaster Skin Therapy eye contour .
- Jojoba Esters : Tested in Estée Lauder Night Repair Eye .
- Tocopherol : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream as Tocopherol Acetate.
- Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men as Caprylic / Capric Glycerides.
- Limonene : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Phenoxyethanol : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Lecithin : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Nylon-12 : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Rosa Centifolia Flower Wax and Rosa Damascena Flower Wax : Highly fragrant rose waxes (from two rose hybrids), each known for their exceptional beauty and fragrance. Beneficial for all skin types, this hydrating and highly nourishing natural wax helps protect the skin against moisture loss and environmental stressors, making it especially suitable for treating dry, sensitive or damaged skin.
- Sodium Phytate : Analyzed in the Caudalie Premier Cru eye contour .
- Cetyl Alcohol : Tested in L’Oréal Men Expert’s Vita Lift 5 Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Polyglyceryl-3 Beeswax : Tested on Clinique For Men eye contour .
- Butylene Glycol : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Caprylyl Glycol : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Alcohol Denat : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Chlorphenesin : Tested in L’Oréal Men Expert’s Vita Lift 5 Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Citrus Australasica Fruit Extract : Extract from the fruit of the finger lime tree, a new generation of AHAs that can gently exfoliate the skin for a smoother, brighter and more even complexion.
- Polymethylsilsesquioxane : Analyzed in the eye contour of Génifique Yeux Light Pearl by Lancôme .
- Terminalia Ferdinandiana Fruit Extract : Tested in Eve Lom’s Time Retreat Radiance Boost Treatment cream .
- Butyrospermum Parkii Butter Extract : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Citrus Junos Fruit Extract : Yuzu extract, used primarily as a scent in fragrances and bath products for years. Today, yuzu peel extract and yuzu oil are appearing as active ingredients in cosmetics that highlight the naturally energizing, toning, and brightening properties of the fruit.
- Curcuma Longa Root Extract : Analyzed in the Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye contour .
- Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Extract : Açaí extract, a potent source of antioxidants, including ferulic acid and epicatechin. According to in vitro research, açaí has a higher antioxidant content than blueberry, raspberry, blackberry, strawberry or blueberry, but that does not necessarily mean that it is the best antioxidant, just one of many that can choose when it comes to your skin care products. Consumed orally through supplements, juices, or as a whole food, açaí has been shown to exert powerful antioxidant benefits and reduce the cascade of damage caused by overproduction of free radicals.
- Lippia Citriodora Flower Extract : Lemon verbena extract, with uplifting qualities known to help reduce puffiness and smooth skin.
- Oenothera Biennis Seed Extract : Analyzed in the Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye eye contour .
- Rosa Canina Fruit Extract : Analyzed in Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate Serum .
- Alteromonas Ferment Extract : Analyzed in Isdinceutics AGE Reverse Cream from Isdin .
- Benzyl Alcohol : Tested in Nuxellence de Nuxe eye contour .
- Sodium Hyaluronate : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Linalool : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Dehydroacetic Acid : Analyzed in the Nuxellence de Nuxe eye contour .
Sunday Riley’s CEO Vitamin C Rich Hydration Cream Analysis Summary
As promised, vitamin C is present in a high concentration as can be seen from its fourth place on the list.
The type of vitamin C used is Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, powerful, fat-soluble, more stable and less irritating than other derivatives of vitamin C.
It is an antioxidant that inhibits lipid oxidation and protects against free radicals. This form of vitamin C can also improve and maintain the general condition of the skin.
Manufacturers claim that vitamin C can decrease UV damage and stimulate collagen, and some studies have indicated the possibility that this form of vitamin C may promote a more even skin tone by inhibiting melanin (pigment) production. .
This form of vitamin C is a stable, oil-soluble ester. To explain the benefits of this, I first have to explain that vitamin C is generally water soluble, but unable to pass through the lipid-rich skin barrier to reach the dermis where it can serve its purpose.
Making it an oil soluble ester prevents the product from settling on the surface of the skin and makes the formulation less susceptible to degradation.
This allows the moisturizer to visibly brighten the skin, promoting natural collagen production and fighting the five visible signs of pollution and environment-induced skin damage: sensitivity, dehydration, dullness, uneven tone, and premature lines and wrinkles.
But don’t lose sight of another great ingredient out there first, squalene, which acts as a great lubricant and moisturizer. Squalane replenishes lipids and softens and smoothes the skin. In short, a great ingredient in a high proportion!
For its part, finger lime extract (an Australian citrus) gently exfoliates and provides a more luminous and even complexion so that vitamin C is better absorbed.
The Exopolysaccharides mentioned at the beginning are what is called Alteromonas Ferment Extract (fermentation of a marine bacteria), which is a suitable skin conditioner for dry or damaged skin, as it helps protect the skin from the visible effects of exposure. pollution , specifically PM 2.5 (the micro-solution particles found in smog).
In addition to vitamin C, there are other beneficial antioxidants, such as vitamin E, mandarin oil, green tea, yuzu extract, or more variants of vitamin C.
In addition to scavenging free radicals, they can also act as photoprotectors and help protect the cell membrane from free radicals . They protect against oxidation. However, some of them are in really low concentrations to exert a significant effect.
The same goes for turmeric extract, or rose extracts, they are beneficial antioxidants, but a higher concentration.
More of the same with hyaluronic acid, near the bottom of the list. Its moisturizing effect will be clearly reduced with such an ephemeral presence.
As stated in the ingredient list, there are some included ingredients that are known to cause burning and / or irritation on chapped, sensitive, or inflamed skin.
Therefore, the formula is efficient in part. It deeply hydrates and offers effective antioxidant protection, but it is certainly a very wasted formula.
We are going to talk about its texture, much richer than other anti-wrinkles. It still spreads well on the skin, and can be used under makeup.
On the product packaging it says “not greasy”, but I have to say that I think this product could be greasy on oilier skin, as it has an oily and waxy consistency.
As for the feeling on the fingers and the skin, it is creamy, and has a slight cooling effect when applied to the face.
The aroma is citrus. Some have described it as a distinctly artificial orange smell, which I can understand, but it doesn’t bother too much. When applied, the odor dissipates fairly quickly and I have had no problems with the odor from an allergy point of view.
The instructions indicate that the moisturizer should be used daily in the morning and / or in the evening. It can be used in layers with other Vitamin C products, but be careful when doing this as layers of Vitamin C products of different concentrations have a cumulative effect (5 + 5 equals 10 in this case).
If you are looking for a cream that gives you a little more anti-wrinkle effect, we recommend that you try Nezeni Cosmetics.
It also has vitamin C, and complements its antioxidant effects with a high concentration of hyaluronic acid and a tightening peptide that reduce the depth of wrinkles by a high percentage.
You have all the information and analysis of this product that we like so much in the following link .
Kathie Sand always saw the world of beauty as the terrain on which to build her professional career, a goal that was clear to her when she was only 15 years old. Her great concern to expand knowledge led her to settle in Paris where she studied hand in hand with the best beauty professionals and with the most advanced techniques for skin care.