Thalgo cream aims to fight the first signs of aging, hydrating, minimizing fine lines and wrinkles, and deeply regenerating the skin.
For this, it uses Native Marine collagen, from glycopeptides, plants and Palmaria palmata algae that, together with soy extract, favors the synthesis of collagen in the skin.
The skin is smoother, smoother and firmer, and more luminous. Perfect for women looking for a treatment cream that hydrates the skin while fighting the first signs of aging.
But since I don’t like to stay with what the brands of their products say, we are going to analyze the INCI to see what we find.
If you want more information about collagen creams, don’t miss this article with the Best Collagen Creams , where you will find more analysis and a lot of important information.
Thalgo Creme Collagen Analysis
- Cetearyl Alcohol : Analyzed in the Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye eye contour .
- Butylene Glycol : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Ethylhexyl Stearate : Analyzed in Caudalie’s Premier Cru eye contour .
- Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Cetearyl Glucoside : Analyzed in the Decléor Harmonie Calm eye contour .
- Soluble Collagen : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream as Hydrollized Collagen.
- Phenoxyethanol : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Parfum (Fragrance) .
- Chlorphenesin : Analyzed in LOreal Men Expert’s Vita Lift 5 anti-wrinkle cream .
- Polyacrylate-13 : Analyzed in Ducray’s Keracnyl Moisturizer .
- Ethylhexylglycerin : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Polyisobutene : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Benzoic Acid : Analyzed in Mercadona’s Sisbela eye contour .
- Hydrolyzed Soybean Fiber : Analyzed in Skinception’s Kollagen Intensive Collagen Cream .
- Dehydroacetic Acid : Analyzed in the Nuxellence de Nuxe eye contour .
- Sodium Hydroxide : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Sorbitan Isostearate : Analyzed in Caudalíe’s Premier Cru Serum .
- Polysorbate 20 : Tested on Clinique Smart eye contour .
- Sorbic Acid : Analyzed in the Lancaster Skin Therapy eye contour .
- CI 17200 (Red 33) : Tested in Clinique Combination Skin Clarifying Lotion 2 .
- Benzyl Salicylate : Analyzed in Collistar’s Hyaluronic Acid Aquagel anti-wrinkle cream .
- Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde : Analyzed in Olay’s Regenerist Luminous Serum .
- Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Citronellol : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Eugenol : Analyzed in Collistar’s Hyaluronic Acid Aquagel anti-wrinkle cream .
Thalgo Creme Collagene analysis summary
The brand is not lying when saying that it has soluble collagen, and also in a good proportion, although it is the only anti-wrinkle active in the entire formula.
This addition is complemented with hydrolyzed soy fiber, an asset that increases collagen synthesis, which is why collagen is added, while promoting its natural creation by the body.
In addition to emollients, moisturizers and other hydrating agents (present in the former, there are no more ingredients that help rejuvenate the skin, either by firming wrinkles, unifying the tone or brightening the skin.
The problem I see with this formula is that it is packed with highly undesirable ingredients, such as irritating and toxic preservatives, allergenic perfumes and fragrances, and other ingredients that can cause irritation, or allergic reactions.
For this reason I would not choose the cream, although I am not saying that it will not work. In this case the cons outweigh the pros.
A kinder and more skin-friendly option is Nezeni Cosmetics Collagen cream, which in addition to having hydrolyzed collagen, has Organic Silicon to hydrate and nourish the skin in its entirety.
Also, something I like the most about this cream is that it doesn’t have as many harmful ingredients as Thalgo’s. Avoid harmful preservatives, irritating fragrances, and other ingredients that can cause various unwanted side effects.
Kathie Sand always saw the world of beauty as the terrain on which to build her professional career, a goal that was clear to her when she was only 15 years old. Her great concern to expand knowledge led her to settle in Paris where she studied hand in hand with the best beauty professionals and with the most advanced techniques for skin care.