Turmeric is originally from India, and although its appearance and shape reminds us of ginger, it is totally different once we look at it inside. We can make use of it in different ways, making the most of its benefits. From the medicinal to the gastronomic. One of the preparations that allows us to enjoy these two characteristics is that of turmeric tea.
The consumption of turmeric tea dates back thousands of years in Asian societies, which used it not only as a natural drink with a pleasant taste but also as a natural remedy against various common diseases of the time. Today, its medicinal and gastronomic action remains valid and is one of the reasons for our publication today.
Surely you are interested in the articles of:
- How to take turmeric?
- Turmeric: Contraindications, Benefits, Properties and Recommended Daily Dose
- Curcumin: Contraindications, Side Effects, Benefits and Uses
- Turmeric for weight loss
What is Turmeric?
Many people define turmeric in different ways, among some of these definitions is that of a medicinal plant that has a long root and is internally intense yellow, others define it as an ideal spice or condiment for the preparation of different recipes. and others describe it as a tropical herbaceous plant with a root much like ginger.
Its scientific name is curcuma longa but you can also find it as “yellow root” and its star component is curcumin.
This plant is widely used in various countries of the world, although in Spain it has recently been introduced as a gastronomic and medicinal option, in India it has been used since ancient times.
Turmeric has a bitter-spicy flavor and at the same time intense, so many people combine it with other ingredients to make the intake more pleasant. This is an ingredient that cannot be missing in the homes of India, as well as in other neighboring countries.
You may have already heard that turmeric has multiple benefits for both health and beauty, but what does turmeric really offer? Should I consume it in food or in a drink?
Turmeric is widely used to boost the immune system , strengthening it and helping it fight against different types of viruses and bacteria. It is also used as an analgesic, so we can see turmeric in capsules or ointments, having an immediate calming power on pain.
Extended properties of turmeric
This root is very beneficial in turn for the heart, joints and liver . Just as it is useful for people who want to lose weight, since turmeric is a powerful slimming; in this case it is advisable to combine it with a diet and exercises so you will see results in less time.
There are still no proven scientific studies to certify this, but it is said that turmeric is ideal for the fight against cancer, specifically breast cancer, as well as to prevent it, so many women include it in their diets betting on this great benefit .
There are many specialists who in turn indicate or recommend the intake of turmeric to avoid diseases such as Alzheimer’s, since this root significantly enhances brain activity.
Turmeric tea: a healthy option for our body
For many years it has been heard about the importance of consuming Turmeric Tea, becoming this, an increasingly popular trend in different parts of the world, from India to Uruguay, but how can we prepare it?
Turmeric and Ginger Tea
- To make the Turmeric and Ginger Tea you need four (04) cups of water at room temperature and one (01) cup of powdered or ground turmeric. In addition to this, if it is to your liking, you can include one (01) teaspoon of lemon, one (01) teaspoon of ginger and one (01) teaspoon of honey.
- Having the ingredients, the first thing you should do is bring the water to a boil over high heat, when the water reaches its boiling point, add the turmeric and ginger and cook for approximately 12 minutes.
- After time, remove from the stove and strain the tea and finally add the honey and lemon.
- A variant of this tea is the one that includes the incorporation of almond or coconut milk, as well as you can add cinnamon and vanilla.
- It is advisable to consume this tea from one (1) to three (3) cups a day and when to do it will depend on the benefit you are looking for since in some cases it is usually recommended on an empty stomach, others before meals, after meals or before sleep.
Turmeric and black pepper tea
- The incorporation of black pepper in Turmeric teas gives it a certain touch of differentiation, which is why this is one of the most consumed teas, in addition to the fact that black pepper helps to alleviate or reduce depression, it provides the body with a high amount of dietary fiber, ideal for colds and coughs, useful in metabolic processes and provides the body with a considerable amount of Vitamins A, C and K.
- For this you will need the following ingredients: a third (1/3) cup of honey, two (02) teaspoons of ground turmeric, one (01) teaspoon of Lemon and of course freshly ground black pepper (to taste).
- The ingestion of Turmeric through the different Teas is a practical way to obtain its benefits and of course useful to find a restful sleep, since hot drinks tend to relax the body.
- It is very important to gradually include Turmeric Tea in our day to day. You can buy this root in naturist houses and in certain supermarkets.
Turmeric trade shows
Turmeric can be found in capsules , being able to ingest two (02) of these daily before meals so the way to consume it will depend exclusively on you, but many people resort to Turmeric tea since they can combine it with other ingredients and multiply or enhance the desired effects.
This hot drink can become a substitute for others such as coffee and soft drinks which, if consumed with a certain frequency, can be harmful to health. Unlike these, turmeric provides you greater benefits, with a relatively lower risk index.
It is a delicious way to contribute to our health while enjoying a nice drink.
Kathie Sand always saw the world of beauty as the terrain on which to build her professional career, a goal that was clear to her when she was only 15 years old. Her great concern to expand knowledge led her to settle in Paris where she studied hand in hand with the best beauty professionals and with the most advanced techniques for skin care.