The Vichy Homme contour is postulated as the first anti-fatigue moisturizing treatment for the face and eyes. Specially designed for sensitive male skin with signs of fatigue: dehydrated skin, dull tone, tightness, bags and dark circles.
Its effectiveness will be demonstrated by its ingredients, which we will analyze one by one. But from the name I can deduce that it includes some form of vitamin C. Let’s see in what proportion it is found.
If you are interested in the ingredients of the cosmetics that we normally use, I recommend this article with the analysis of the Best Eye Contours for Men . So you can know exactly what you are putting on your face.
Hydra Mag C + analysis from Vichy Homme
- Glycerin : Tested in ClarinsMen’s anti-wrinkle cream .
- Alcohol Denat : Tested in Shiseido Men Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Propanediol : Tested in Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye Contour .
- Dimethicone : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Phenyl Trimethicone : Tested in Clinique For Men Contour Anti-Age Eye Cream .
- Propylene Glycol : Tested in the L’Oreal Revitalift Laser X3 Contour .
- C13-14 Isoparaffin : Tested in Nezeni Cosmetics wrinkle cream .
- Ci 15985 / Yellow 6 : It is a synthetic dye produced from petroleum; FDA tested for use in food, pharmaceuticals and cosmetics.
- Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides and Ci 77492, Ci 77491, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides : Tested in Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye contour .
- Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide : Tested on Nuxe’s Nuxellence contour .
- Triethanolamine : Analyzed in the anti-wrinkle cream Vita Lift 5 from L’Oreal Men Expert .
- Triethyl Citrate : Triethyl Citrate (TEC) is a versatile active ingredient of natural origin (citric acid and ethanol) with excellent deodorant and skin care properties. It acts as a solvent, thinner and fixer. It is an active ingredient in deodorant formulations as it inhibits the enzymatic breakdown of sweat components.
- Silica : Analyzed in the anti-wrinkle cream Vita Lift 5 from L’Oreal Men Expert .
- Escin : Analyzed in the Génifique Yeux Light Pearl contour from Lancome .
- Phenoxyethanol : Analyzed in ClarinsMen’s anti-wrinkle cream .
- Magnesium Sulfate : Magnesium sulfate is a natural compound used in beauty products as an anti-inflammatory, sometimes fighting acne and blemishes. It is also known to be an effective absorber of toxins and oils in the skin and hair, although no studies have been found to prove it scientifically. Cases of toxicity have been reported from exposure to magnesium sulfate in high concentrations, but in topical concentrations and normal use of beauty products, this should not occur.
- Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate : Analyzed in the Vichy eye contour LIFTACTIV .
- Boron Nitride : Works as a lubricant and optical blurrier. Due to its light scattering properties, it is commonly used in powder form, which creates a shiny, translucent finish on the face. This shimmering effect has the ability to refract light away from the skin, blur the appearance of wrinkles and discolorations, and create an overall smoothness to the face. Its hexagonal crystalline structure provides a silky smooth feel, good glide and excellent skin adhesion properties, allowing makeup to remain on the face for long periods of time. It also has the ability to absorb excess oil on the skin, and disperse the pigment evenly.
- Ascorbyl Glucoside : Analyzed in the anti-wrinkle cream Vita Lift 5 from L’Oreal Men Expert .
- Caprylyl Glycol : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Laureth-7 : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Dextran Sulfate : Analyzed on the Avène contour .
- Acrylates / C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Polyacrylamide : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Acrylates / Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer : This copolymer, made from acrylate and ammonium methacrylate, is a waterproof film-forming agent. The copolymer compounds create a water repellent base to prevent water from washing away the product.
- Perfume / Fragrance .
Vichy Homme Hydra Mag C + Summary and Analysis
In the first 5 ingredients we already have an alcohol (not advisable for sensitive skin), an irritant ingredient and a silicone. And the worst thing is that things do not improve as they continue to advance.
Colors, sensitizing ingredients and even toxic ones, such as triethanolamine, which is an ingredient designed for short, discontinuous use, followed by a complete rinse, not to be worn on the face every day.
As active principles, we only find two forms of vitamin C, and two anti-inflammatories, but unfortunately they are too low on the list to be able to have any effect.
I propose a much better option to the contour of Vichy Homme. Nezeni Cosmetics Contour is free of alcohol, silicone, or irritating or toxic ingredients. On the other hand, if it has a good proportion of active ingredients to fight against wrinkles, dark circles, and bags.
Kathie Sand always saw the world of beauty as the terrain on which to build her professional career, a goal that was clear to her when she was only 15 years old. Her great concern to expand knowledge led her to settle in Paris where she studied hand in hand with the best beauty professionals and with the most advanced techniques for skin care.