According to Vichy, this concealer produces a 360º lifting effect that corrects wrinkles, eyelids, puffiness and dark circles without undergoing surgery. It is a formula for women over 40, and can also be used on sensitive eyes.
I prefer not to comment until I analyze the INCI, which is the best (and only) way to know if a cosmetic is good or not.
And after you read the analysis, I invite you to learn more about the contours and their ingredients by reading the article Best Eye Contours , especially the part after the analysis of the creams.
Analysis of LIFTACTIV Ojos de Vichy
AQUA / WATER – DIMETHICONE – HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE – GLYCERIN – CETYL ALCOHOL – Glyceryl Stearate – polymethyl METHACRYLATE – PEG-40 STEARATE – CERA ALBA / BEESWAX – POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE – Stearic Acid – stearyl alcohol – Sorbitan tristearate – TRIETHANOLAMINE – CAFFEINE – METHYLPARABEN – SILICA – SODIUM BENZOATE – SODIUM DEXTRAN SULFATE – MYRISTYL ALCOHOL – ESCIN – PALMITIC ACID – RHAMNOSE – PHENOXYETHANOL – ADENOSINE – MAGNESIUM ASCORBYL PHOSPHATE – TOCOPHERYL ACETATE – POLOXLYCORICE PROJECT – POLOXLYCORICE 338 – POLOXLYCORICE PROJECT – POLOXLYCORICE 338
- Dimethicone : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Hydrogenated Polyisobutene : Analyzed in ClarinsMen’s anti-wrinkle cream .
- Glycerin : Tested in ClarinsMen’s anti-wrinkle cream .
- Cetyl Alcohol : Analyzed in L’Oreal’s Vita Lift 5 anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Glyceryl Stearate : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Polymethyl Methacrylate : Analyzed in Clarins Multi-Intensive contour .
- Peg-40 Stearate : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men as PEG-100 stearate.
- Cera Alba / Beeswax : Tested on the Shiseido Benefiance contour .
- Potassium Cetyl Phosphate : It is the potassium salt of a complex mixture of phosphoric acid esters and cetyl alcohol, a multifunctional fatty alcohol. It works as a surfactant and emulsifying agent used as a detergent and cleaning agent.
- Stearic Acid : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Stearyl Alcohol : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Sorbitan Tristearate : Also known as Span 65. It is a non-ionic surfactant that is produced by reacting the polyol, sorbitol, with fatty acids (stearic acid, lauric acid, oleic acid, palmitic acid), all of them of natural origin.
- Triethanolamine : Analyzed in L´Oreal’s Vita Lift 5 anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Caffeine : Analyzed in ClarinsMen’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Methylparaben : Analyzed in L’Oreal’s Vita Lift 5 anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Silica : Analyzed in L’Oreal’s Vita Lift 5 anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Sodium Benzoate : Analyzed in Nuxellence contour from Nuxe .
- Sodium Dextran Sulfate : It is a sodium salt derived from an ester of sulfuric acid. It is used in skin care to control the viscosity of a formulation. Produces a gelatinous consistency.
- Myristyl Alcohol : Also known as 1-Tetradecanol. It is a fatty alcohol used as an emollient, emulsion stabilizer, skin conditioning agent, surface active agent, viscosity increasing agent, foaming agent, and fragrance ingredient. It is primarily used to prevent a formula from separating into its liquid and oil components. It has also been shown to be an irritant in animals and in patients with highly sensitive skin.
- Escin : Analyzed in the Génifique Yeux Light Pearl contour from Lancome .
- Palmitic Acid : Analyzed in ClarinsMen’s anti-wrinkle cream .
- Rhamnose : Analyzed in Bioderma Sensibio contour .
- Phenoxyethanol : Analyzed in ClarinsMen’s anti-wrinkle cream .
- Adenosine : Analyzed in the Génifique Yeux Light Pearl contour from Lancome .
- Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate: Stable, non-irritating, and water-soluble derivative of vitamin C. Has the same potential as vitamin C to stimulate collagen synthesis in the skin, but is effective at significantly lower concentrations, and can be used in such low concentrations like 10% to suppress melanin formation. It may be a better option than vitamin C for people with sensitive skin and those who want to avoid any exfoliating effects, as many vitamin C formulas are highly acidic (and therefore exfoliating effects). It is also used for the protection and repair of UV rays, the production of collagen, the illumination of the skin and as an anti-inflammatory. It is also a powerful antioxidant.
- Tocopheryl Acetate : Analyzed in ClarinsMen’s wrinkle cream as Tocopherol Acetate.
- Poloxamer 338 : Poloxamers help to form emulsions by reducing the surface tension of the substances to be emulsified and by helping other ingredients dissolve in a solvent in which they would not normally dissolve. They also cleanse skin and hair by helping water mix with oil and dirt so they can be rinsed off.
- Ascorbyl Glucoside : Analyzed in L’Oreal’s Vita Lift 5 anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Hydrolyzed Rice Protein : Tested in Clinique Smart Contour .
- Pentylene Glycol : Analyzed in the contour of Nezeni Cosmetics .
Summary Analysis LIFTACTIV Vichy Eyes
To begin with, the Vichy formula has parabens, so it would not be a good option to consider. But it is also that it also has silicones and PEG, in addition to some ingredient that can be toxic.
And something that also worries me is the combination of Sodium Benzoate and Vitamin C, which can create benzene (a known carcinogen).
As active ingredients, Polymethyl Methacrylate, a clear anti-wrinkle ingredient, and beeswax stand out. The other anti-inflammatory, calming ingredients, and forms of vitamin C are too low on the list to do anything.
So no, it wouldn’t be an option that I would buy or recommend, there are better contours on the market.
One of the best I’ve tried (and that I’m using right now) is the one from Nezeni Cosmetics. I really like its active ingredients, in high proportions, and that it does not have parabens. But I explain all this to you in the article on Best Eye Contours that I mentioned above, take a look at it.
Kathie Sand always saw the world of beauty as the terrain on which to build her professional career, a goal that was clear to her when she was only 15 years old. Her great concern to expand knowledge led her to settle in Paris where she studied hand in hand with the best beauty professionals and with the most advanced techniques for skin care.