The eyebrows are one of the most notable parts of the face, the thicker and thicker, the more they frame the look. But this has not always been the case. Until recently, hyperfine brows dominated the beauty industry. Now thick brows are back in fashion, which is a problem if you went overboard with waxing.
Do you want to regain the splendor of your eyebrows? Cosmetic companies sell pencils, gels, and other products that can help make your brows appear thicker. But is there a way to thicken your brows without relying on makeup?
Although there is no magic product that can repopulate sparse eyebrow hair overnight, there are certain products that can help you achieve it in the long term. And for this, nothing works better than natural ingredients.
Whether you are suffering from temporary hair loss, or you just have naturally thin brows, if you want thicker and thicker brows, there are several home remedies that can help.
This is one of the oldest and most popular remedies to thicken the eyebrows and lengthen the eyelashes. Its fatty acids, antioxidants and vitamins promote the growth of each hair by nourishing the hair follicle . By applying it every day to the root of the eyebrows, in no time you will notice that your eyebrows grow thicker and stronger.
How to use? Take a few drops of castor oil and apply it to the eyebrows with a gentle massage using the fingertips. Leave it on for 30 minutes, and then remove it with a makeup remover or rinse it off with water and cleanser.
Warning: Pure castor oil can cause irritation, redness, and a rash if you are allergic to it, or if it gets into your eyes. Make sure to do a patch test on your arm 24 hours before use. And be very careful that it does not drift into your eyes.
The popularity of coconut oil has been increasing in recent years, both for use in the kitchen and in cosmetics. In this last field, it is very beneficial for hair and skin, acting as a humectant, moisturizer and hair conditioner, it also adds shine and thickness to the eyebrows.
Coconut oil is rich in beneficial fatty acids, which work with the natural proteins found in hair to strengthen it and protect it from breakage . Lauric acid acts as an antibiotic agent, preventing the hair follicles from having any harmful microorganisms . Packed with vitamin E (antioxidant) and minerals like iron, they promote the health and thickness of the eyebrows.
How to use? Heat a small amount of coconut oil on your fingers until it melts, and massage it into the brow area. You can leave it on overnight and rinse it off in the morning. Apply it every day to get the most benefit.
Olive oil is another great oil that, thanks to its vitamins A and E, helps hair growth. Vitamin E is one of the best natural antioxidants, and thanks to its protective action it can prevent premature loss of eyebrow hair, in addition, it nourishes each hair fiber. Vitamin A, for its part, is one of the best anti-aging agents that exist, and among other things, it manages to replenish the natural oils in our body , which help hair growth.
How to use? Pour a drop of olive oil on your fingertips and massage your brows completely. Leave it on for a couple of hours, then wash it off with water and a facial cleanser. You can use it at least once a day to see results in a matter of weeks.
Tea tree oil
Like the previous oils, tea tree oil can stimulate the growth and thickness of the eyebrows by creating a hydrating barrier that preserves cell and follicular health. It is available in many cosmetic products, but you can also find tea tree oil extracts to apply directly to the eyebrows.
How to use? Apply it with a cotton pad daily on the eyebrows and leave it on overnight. The oil can cause an allergic reaction called dermatitis in some people. Before using tea tree oil on your eyebrows, test the product on a small area of your skin, such as your arm.
Lavender oil is perhaps best known for its calming effects, but when applied topically, it is believed to combat hair loss.
How to use? Massage the lavender oil into the brow area with your fingertips daily. You should never take lavender by mouth, as it can be poisonous.
All the compounds that make you cry when cutting an onion benefit your hair. Onion sap contains mainly sulfur, as well as selenium, minerals, vitamins B and C , nutrients that help promote the growth and thickness of eyebrow hair.
Sulfur boosts collagen production in the tissues around the eyebrows, which benefits their growth.
How to use? Blend an onion with the mixer to make a paste. Strain this paste to obtain the juice. Using a cotton swab, apply the onion sap to the eyebrows and wait at least one hour. Then wipe it with a cotton ball soaked in lemon juice to remove any unpleasant odors. This treatment can be done every alternate day.
If your eyebrow hair is made up primarily of keratin, and keratin is a protein, it stands to reason that protein-rich ingredients, such as egg, can help them grow and improve their appearance.
The egg yolk is mainly used, which is the one with the highest concentration of nutrients. In addition to protein, it contains a good proportion of biotin , which helps the eyebrows grow stronger and longer.
How to use? Separate the egg yolk from the white and beat the yolk until smooth. Apply the yolk to the eyebrows with a cotton swab and hold it for 30 minutes, then rinse it off with warm water. Use it twice a week.
Aloe Vera is rich in a compound called aloenin, known to promote hair growth. It has a chemical composition very similar to that of keratin, the protein that hair is made of, therefore, it acts in a similar way as egg yolk. In addition, we all know that aloe vera hydrates and regenerates the skin and hair, so with its application you can kill two birds with one stone.
How to use? Remove the outer leaf of the aloe vera and scoop up the gel with a spoon. Gently massage the gel onto the brows until it is completely absorbed.
Because lemons are rich in vitamin B, vitamin C, folate, and other vital nutrients, they make eyebrow hair grow much faster than any other ingredient. It is normal for the skin to sting a little when applying lemon juice, however, if irritation persists, do not use it again. Avoid this remedy if you have sensitive skin.
How to use? Rub a lemon wedge on your eyebrows. Let it sit for 20 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water. Do not expose your eyebrows to sunlight for two hours after applying this remedy, as it can lighten their natural color.
Take care of your eyebrows
In some cases, getting thicker and more bushy brows just depends on proper grooming techniques. These tips will help you take care of them in the best possible way:
- Avoid overloading your brows with makeup or care products.
- Always remove unwanted hair with soft lighting. Working in bright light conditions tends to cause a massive fall.
- Avoid excessive hair removal. Plucking the eyebrows damages the hair follicle eternally, preventing hair from growing back, therefore refrain from plucking the eyebrows excessively.
- Avoid pressing too hard on the area with the brow pencils.
- Brush your brows with an eyebrow brush daily to remove dirt and help stimulate blood capillaries, thereby increasing blood circulation and the transport of nutrients and oxygen to the hair shaft, root and bulb.
After several weeks, these good grooming habits will probably pay off.
Other tips that will help grow your eyebrows
- Eat foods rich in biotin . Biotin is a vitamin that helps hair growth. It is mainly found in eggs, avocados, salmon, and peanuts.
- Use an eyebrow and eyelash serum . The eyebrow serum is a product designed to stimulate the growth of hair follicles above the eye. Some of the best serums contain peptides, vitamins, and botanical extracts, ingredients that make hair grow fast. Take a look at our article with the Best Eyelash and Eyebrow Serums on the market.
- Avoid makeup . Aggressive brow makeup can slow the growth of brow hair.
- Avoid lotions and creams . Lotions and creams clog the hair follicles. This prevents the natural breathing process of the hair and prevents the eyebrows from growing long and healthy.
- Massage your eyebrows regularly . Massage therapy improves blood circulation around the brow area. This further improves the supply of nutrients.
- Stay hydrated . Water is good for general health. It helps to eliminate all toxic substances from the body through urine. Start by drinking at least 8-10 glasses of water every day. This will improve body function and help hair growth.
- It includes vitamins B and D . Eat foods rich in vitamins B and D to enhance hair growth. They will help you develop strong eyelashes and brows that will be able to combat the damaging effects of chemicals such as mascara and eyeliner.
All of these home remedies are considered safe, however, none of them are supported by scientific research proving that you can actually do anything to thicken and repopulate your eyebrows.
Another consideration is understanding the cause of the thinning of the eyebrows. Some people have naturally thin and sparse eyebrows. However, if you notice a sudden drop, this could indicate an underlying medical condition that might require treatment. See your doctor if you notice sudden hair loss or a rash around your eyebrows.
Kathie Sand always saw the world of beauty as the terrain on which to build her professional career, a goal that was clear to her when she was only 15 years old. Her great concern to expand knowledge led her to settle in Paris where she studied hand in hand with the best beauty professionals and with the most advanced techniques for skin care.