Pomegranate hand cream is specially formulated for dry and mature hands. Pomegranate extract and certified organic shea butter are the main ingredients, rich in essential fatty acids and antioxidants, which protect the skin from moisture loss due to environmental damage.
But it also has avocado oil and olive oil, active ingredients that naturally nourish and hydrate, and botanical extracts help stimulate skin renewal to keep hands soft and protected.
Sesame and millet protect your hands from constant exposure to water, heating, temperature changes, and free radicals. And it’s naturally scented with a delicious blend of fruit and flower extracts.
Use this skin renewing cream to improve the look and feel of your hands, leaving them soft and healthy. A range that also includes body lotion, body oil and shower gel.
A priori it seems like an excellent formula, but before judging it, let’s analyze your INCI to see what it takes. This is something that we have been doing with all the hand creams we test, and it is reflected in this article with the Best Hand Creams .
Weleda Pomegranate Regenerating Hand Cream Analysis
- Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil : Sesame seed oil contains fatty acids that can protect the skin. These fatty acids, which include linoleic, palmitic, oleic, and stearic acids, act as emollients, meaning they help hydrate the skin to keep it smooth and soft. When sesame oil is added to skin care products, it forms a barrier on the skin’s surface. And because it keeps moisture in, it can help the skin stay hydrated. The oil can be used to condition hair, but it can also protect the hairstyle from the elements by acting as a shield.
- Glycerin : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Alcohol : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men as Alcohol Denat.
- Glyceryl Stearate SE : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Butyrospermum Parkii Butter : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Olea Europaea Oil Unsaponifiables : Analyzed in Clarins Multi-Intensive Concentré Zone Regard eye contour .
- Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Stearic Acid : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Punica Granatum Seed Oil : Analyzed in Lancaster Youth Renewal 365 Skin Repair Serum as Punica Granatum Extract.
- Panicum Miliaceum Seed Extract : Analyzed in the eye contour
- Ruscus Aculeatus Root Extract : Tested on Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye as Ruscus Aculeatus Extract / Ruscus Aculeatus Root Extract.
- Helianthus Annuus Petal Extract : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Persea Gratissima Oil Unsaponifiables : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream as Avocado Oil.
- Xanthan Gum : Analyzed in L’Oreal Men Expert’s Vita Lift 5 anti-wrinkle cream .
- Fragrance .
- Limonene : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Linalool : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Citronellol : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Benzyl Benzoate : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Geraniol : Analyzed in the Decléor Harmonie Calm eye contour .
- Citral : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Eugenol : Analyzed in Collistar’s Hyaluronic Acid Aquagel anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Coumarin : Analyzed in Biotherm Homme Force Supreme anti-wrinkle cream .
Weleda Pomegranate Regenerating Hand Cream analysis summary
Despite being advertised as a pomegranate cream, pomegranate oil is not in the first position, but in the tenth, approximately in the middle of the list.
Instead, they have put sesame oil first, a good emollient and protective ingredient; so they may have called it sesame cream.
In addition to these two oils, shea butter is present, a great nourishing agent; olive oil, a great soothing and restorative; sunflower oil, which offers a large amount of vitamin E; and avocado oil, a good moisturizer and antioxidant.
I have also seen a couple of botanical extracts, which act as softeners, strengtheners, and anti-inflammatory. The needs of dry and damaged hands are covered with all these assets.
But just as the first part of the list is quite accurate, the lower half is characterized by having a large number of fragrances and perfumes, some of them irritating and sensitizing.
It also has alcohol in a fairly high proportion, which can dry out the skin, something counterproductive in dry skin.
Although it has quite good actives, I prefer a less irritating formula, like Caudalíe’s, without alcohol, and with fragrances that have no side effects.
It also has AHAs, which help to renew the skin, and some antioxidants, which protect the skin from free radicals, which can cause a lot of damage to the skin.
Kathie Sand always saw the world of beauty as the terrain on which to build her professional career, a goal that was clear to her when she was only 15 years old. Her great concern to expand knowledge led her to settle in Paris where she studied hand in hand with the best beauty professionals and with the most advanced techniques for skin care.