It is one of the cheapest vitamin C serums that I have found, although you already know that the price does not mean anything in a cosmetic. I have found very good cheap products, and vice versa.
The fact is that I did not know about this serum, but I have seen that it is widely available in many perfumery and cosmetic stores, and of course, on Amazon.
Phrases like “concentrated treatment”, “promotes collagen synthesis” or “flash effect” appear on the package, something that we will see by analyzing the list of ingredients.
As I see that you like to take care of yourself, I recommend you read this other article with The Best Serums with Vitamin C for Men , with everything you need to know about serums for men.
XENSIUM Vitamin C Serum Analysis from Laboratorios Rueda Farma
- Glycerin : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- 3-O-Ethyl Ascorbic Acid : It is a derivative consisting of vitamin C with an ethyl group attached to the third carbon position. Thanks to its reducing capacity, this structure helps to increase the stability of the compound when used in cosmetic products. It has the same benefits as ascorbic acid, discussed in Lancaster’s Skin Therapy eye contour .
- Polysorbate 20 : Tested on Clinique Smart eye contour .
- Hydroxyethylcellulose : Tested in Nezeni Cosmetics Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Perfume .
- Diazolidinyl Urea : Analyzed in the Mercadona Sisbela eye contour .
- Sodium Benzoate : Analyzed in the Nuxellence de Nuxe eye contour .
- Potassium Sorbate : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Citric Acid : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Sodium Acetate : Analyzed in the Lancaster Skin Therapy eye contour .
- Isopropyl Alcohol : Tested in Lancaster Skin Therapy eye contour .
- Cellulose : Cellulose is an organic compound derived from the cell walls of plants. Similar to its structural support function in plants, cellulose is used in cosmetics as an emulsifier and thickener, to help stabilize solutions. It also has moisturizing properties, which helps increase the amount of moisture in the skin.
- Sodium Hydroxide : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Isopropyl Acetate : Isopropyl Acetate is an ester of isopropyl alcohol and acetic acid, with properties similar to Isopropyl Alcohol, discussed above.
- Propyl Alcohol : Same as Isopropyl Alcohol ingredient, discussed above.
- Toluene : Toluene is used as a solvent to dissolve other substances in nail products and hair dyes. Exposure to toluene can have temporary adverse effects, such as headaches, dizziness, and cracked skin, as well as more serious effects such as reproductive harm and respiratory complications. Benzene, a carcinogen, has been shown to be a possible impurity in toluene, and products formulated with toluene must be free of benzene.
- D-Limonene : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti- Wrinkle Cream for Men as Limonene.
- Geraniol : Analyzed in the Decléor Harmonie Calm eye contour .
- Linalool : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Ci 15985 : Analyzed in the Vichy Hydra Mag C + eye contour .
Summary analysis of XENSIUM Serum Vitamin C of Laboratorios Rueda Farma
As soon as we start, in the second ingredient, we find vitamin C, in this case a derivative that consists of ascorbic acid with an ethyl group attached to the third carbon position. A more stable form of vitamin C.
However, it is the only asset that we will see in the INCI, there are none more.
What there is is a good amount of irritating, sensitizing, alcohol, toxic ingredients and an ingredient that can produce benzene with vitamin C. The other ingredients in the formula are preservatives, perfumes and colorants.
In this serum, only vitamin C is saved, the others are to be discarded. On this occasion, the low price is synonymous with poor quality, which can cause harm to our skin and health.
Since we can choose, I choose a better option, like Nezeni Cosmetics serum. Its formula is much more beneficial for our skin and health, and it also has several active ingredients that, combined, act as a powerful aging formula.
You have the analysis of this product in the article The Best Serums with Vitamin C for Men that I recommend you read above.
Kathie Sand always saw the world of beauty as the terrain on which to build her professional career, a goal that was clear to her when she was only 15 years old. Her great concern to expand knowledge led her to settle in Paris where she studied hand in hand with the best beauty professionals and with the most advanced techniques for skin care.