A gentle yet effective foaming facial cleanser using a natural formula to effortlessly remove dirt, makeup, oil and daily contamination from your skin.
Formulated with a cocktail of sumptuous ingredients, Zelens cleanser detoxifies skin while providing deeply nourishing care that promotes a healthier, more radiant finish.
Infused with gentle exfoliating ingredients, fermented fruit enzymes, and botanical extracts; This innovative essential treatment for blemished skin helps to masterfully smooth the surface of the skin, while producing a deep glow in the tissues that guarantees that it will capture the attention of everyone.
With subtle but apparent anti-aging benefits, this magnificent cleanser is suitable for all skin types, making it an essential product for any cosmetic enthusiast.
And now we are going to analyze your INCI, which is what will tell us if it is really worth it, or not. And after this article, I recommend that you take a look at this one where we have analyzed The Best Facial Cleansers that you can find right now.
Zelens Z Detox Clarifying Foaming Cleanser Analysis
- Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate : It is a water soluble surfactant, derived from coconut, which is also sulfate-free. Not to be confused with similar sounding sodium lauryl sulfate, this ingredient is an incredibly mild surfactant and is considered one of the safest on the market. This is because it is a large molecule ingredient, which means that it cannot penetrate the skin and therefore does not irritate it. Another benefit is its ability to foam.
- Cocamidopropyl Betaine : A derivative of cocamide and glycine betaine, it acts as a surfactant, foaming agent, viscosity-increasing agent, emulsifier, and conditioner. As a surfactant, it is used because it gently cleanses skin and hair by helping water mix with oil and dirt so they can be rinsed out. In addition, its pH range provides a mild germicidal effect, which also makes it an effective, yet mild, cleaning agent for personal sanitary products. Emulsifies and thickens certain cosmetic formulations, reducing the potential irritation caused by other cleaning ingredients contained in the product. In addition, it produces a layer of oil on the hair that eliminates static and provides emolliency and manageability. It can cause allergic reactions in some people.
- Lactobacillus / Pumpkin Fruit Ferment Filtrate : It is a filter of the product obtained by the fermentation of the pumpkin fruit by the Lactobacillus Lactis microorganism. During fermentation, many of the complex biomolecules are broken down into isolated phytochemicals and selective filtration techniques are used to isolate the proteolytic parts. The result is a pumpkin enzyme that is a mild exfoliator that can be an alternative to AHAs.
According to the manufacturer, 4% glycolic acid has a similar effect on cell renewal as this 5% pumpkin filtrate. In an irritation test, the ingredient did not irritate even sensitive eye tissue and was hardly more irritating than glycerin.
- Perilla Frutescens Leaf Extract : Perilla leaf extract, with excellent antibacterial and anti-inflammatory qualities due to the abundance of linoleic acid. Excellent for treating aging skin, it is rich in omega-3s, soothing, restorative, and provides powerful antioxidant protection for aging and mature skin. Rich in flavones, it offers powerful antioxidant activity that helps prevent free radical-induced damage to skin cells, which can result in premature aging. It also contains a compound that acts as a natural precursor to ceramides, which plays a role in maintaining the skin’s barrier to protect against water loss.
- Tartaric Acid : Analyzed in Clarins Mission Perfection Serum .
- Citric Acid : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Citrus Limon (Lemon) Fruit Extract : Tested in Vichy’s LiftActiv Soin Hydratant Anti-Rides wrinkle cream as Citrus Medica Limonum Peel Extract / Lemon Peel Extract.
- Hydrolyzed Grape Fruit : Tested on Clinique Smart Eye Contour as Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract.
- Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract : Analyzed in Bioderma Hydrabio moisturizer .
- Hydrolyzed Wheat Bran : Hydrolyzed wheat bran contains a high concentration of the most valuable elements of the wheat grain, which are indicated in Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye as Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract.
- Biosaccharide Gum-1 : Analyzed in the Decléor Harmonie Calm eye contour .
- Glycerin : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Sodium Benzoate : Analyzed in the Nuxellence de Nuxe eye contour .
- Potassium Sorbate : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Phenoxyethanol : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- PPG-26-Buteth-26 : Tested in Skeen + Anti-Aging Correcting Concentrate .
- PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men as PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil.
- Ethylhexylglycerin : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Sodium Dehydroacetate : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Parfum (Fragrance) .
Summary analysis Z Detox Clarifying Foaming Cleanser by Zelens
The cleanser starts with two surfactants, thus ensuring that all dirt is removed from the skin. And continue with an exfoliator, and a botanical extract that acts as an antibacterial and anti-inflammatory.
Tartaric acid and citric acid are powerful and gentle exfoliants that help clear pores and brighten skin.
Apple and lemon extracts help tighten and tone, while perilla leaf helps soothe sensitive skin with its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
Hydrolyzed wheat bran is a good conditioner, and biosaccharide gum-1 is a hydrating, soothing, and anti-irritant agent.
So far so good, but from glycerin is when problematic preservatives start to appear, such as the toxic phenoxyethanol, or sodium dehydroacetate, which is also toxic and irritating.
And finally the perfume, which can cause irritation to sensitive skin.
Although it has good ingredients on top, these are masked by the harmful ingredients that follow. Although they are in a low proportion, they can cause the combined effect, which in the long term would be fatal.
To avoid this problem, it is better to use products that contain the minimum possible amount of harmful ingredients and preservatives, such as Nezeni Cosmetics micellar water.
I have chosen it as the best cleanser for its varied composition of active ingredients, which can cleanse, hydrate, soothe and protect the skin from oxidation. And because it does not have any toxic, harmful ingredients and its preservatives are very few.
Kathie Sand always saw the world of beauty as the terrain on which to build her professional career, a goal that was clear to her when she was only 15 years old. Her great concern to expand knowledge led her to settle in Paris where she studied hand in hand with the best beauty professionals and with the most advanced techniques for skin care.