Shiseido presents a rather ambitious eye contour that (depending on the brand) counteracts the appearance of the five types of wrinkles in the eye area and drastically reduces the appearance of wrinkles in the inner corner of the eyes, in the contour and on the legs rooster.
As it is a high-end product, with a price not suitable for all pockets, I am going to analyze its ingredients to see if it is worth this outlay of money.
After reading this article, I recommend that you read this one with an Analysis of the Best Eye Contours . Especially the part after the analysis of the creams, which explained many doubts about this indispensable product.
So let’s go with the analysis of this Benefiance WrinkleResist24 contour from Shiseido.
Shiseido Benefiance WrinkleResist24 Analysis
- Hydrogenated Polydecene : A synthetic polymer used as an emollient and skin moisturizer that does not leave a sticky feeling, rather it leaves a silky smooth feeling on the skin. With its continued use, a significant reduction in wrinkles is observed, by keeping the skin hydrated.
- Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum) : Tested in Clinique for Men wrinkle cream as Petrolatum.
- Glycerin : Tested in ClarinsMen’s anti-wrinkle cream .
- Petrolatum : Tested in Clinique for Men wrinkle cream .
- Butylene Glycol : Analyzed in ClarinsMen’s anti-wrinkle cream .
- Paraffin : The same as Mineral Oil or Petrolatum.
- Polyglyceryl-2 Diisostearate : Diester of diglycerol and isostearic acid that functions as a skin conditioning agent.
- Squalane : Tested in Clinique for Men wrinkle cream .
- Glyceryl Oleate : A mixture of glycerin and oleic acid used as an emollient, surfactant, emulsifier, and less commonly as a fragrance ingredient in cosmetics. It can be of plant, animal or synthetic origin.
- Sodium Glutamate : In cosmetics it works mainly as a conditioning agent for hair and skin.
- Sodium Pca : It is the salt of pyrrolidonic carbonic acid, a derivative of amino acids and a natural moisturizer found in human skin. It has high water absorption properties, and is also considered hygroscopic, with the ability to absorb moisture from the air. It can also bind moisture to cells and retain its weight in water several times.
- Dipropylene Glycol : Tested in Shiseido For Men wrinkle cream .
- Beeswax (Cera Alba) : Known primarily for its conditioning properties, beeswax also has other benefits for the skin. When applied to the skin, beeswax forms a protective barrier that helps protect it from environmental stresses, while maintaining moisture and reducing dryness. Unlike petroleum products, beeswax does not “suffocate” the skin and does not clog pores. When you put it on, it attracts water molecules, helping to keep your skin hydrated. It is a source of vitamin A, which exfoliates and helps rejuvenate your appearance. In addition, it is a thickening agent, which means it can help thicken creams so that they are easier to use and more spreadable on the skin.
- Microcrystalline Wax (Microcrystalline Wax) : Unlike the previous one, it is a petroleum-based wax. It is used as a tackifying agent, binder, and emollient, and is often considered an alternative to paraffin.
- Polyethylene : Tested in Clinique for Men wrinkle cream .
- Methylparaben : Analyzed in L’Oreal’s Vita Lift 5 anti-wrinkle cream .
- Phytosteryl / Octyldodecyl Lauroyl Glutamate : It is an emollient and conditioning agent that prevents dehydration and strengthens the skin’s natural protective lipid barrier. It includes Ceramide III, one of the many ceramides, or natural lipids that are part of the skin’s natural barrier system and the extracellular matrix. It can renew the skin’s protective layer and aid in moisture management, repairing and renewing sensitive, dry and aging skin.
- Fragrance (Parfum) .
- Trisodium Edta : Tested in Shiseido For Men wrinkle cream .
- Tocopheryl Acetate : Analyzed in ClarinsMen’s wrinkle cream as Tocopherol Acetate.
- Alcohol : The research makes it perfectly clear: alcohol (not to be confused with fatty alcohols) as the main ingredient in any skin care product is a problem. Alcohol, denatured alcohol, or isopropyl alcohol are volatile alcohols that give products a quick dry finish, degrease skin, and make it feel weightless. But these short-term benefits end with long-term negative consequences, primarily dryness, erosion of the skin’s surface, and tension in the way the skin replenishes, renews, and rejuvenates. Alcohol weakens everything related to the skin.
- Tocopherol : Analyzed in ClarinsMen’s wrinkle cream as Tocopherol Acetate.
- Iron Oxides (Ci 77492) : Tested in Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye contour .
- Butylphenyl Methylpropional : Analyzed in ClarinsMen’s anti-wrinkle cream .
- Sapindus Mukurossi Peel Extract (Sapindus Mukurossi) : An extract from the soap tree, which is a natural source of saponins. Used for centuries to make natural soap, saponins are found in many land and marine plants. It is supposed to be one of the ingredients that make up Shiseido’s Wrinkle Resist 24, although its effects on inhibiting heparanase (an enzyme that could be classified as a wrinkle trigger) are only contemplated in the brand’s patent.
- Limonene : Analyzed in ClarinsMen’s anti-wrinkle cream .
- Linalool : Analyzed in ClarinsMen’s anti-wrinkle cream.
- Citronellol : Tested in Shiseido For Men wrinkle cream .
- Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone : Analyzed in ClarinsMen’s anti-wrinkle cream .
- Geraniol : Analyzed in Decléor’s Harmonie Calm contour .
- Uncaria Gambir Extract (Uncaria Gambir) : Extract of gambier or cat’s claw, which contains polyphenols, mainly catechins. Catechins have a photoprotective activity that prevents skin damage from UV radiation. This active compound is preferred over chemical sunscreens due to its broad spectrum UV absorption, protective effect against oxidative stress, inflammation and cancer.
- Benzyl Benzoate : Tested in ClarinsMen’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Hexyl Cinnamal : Analyzed in ClarinsMen’s anti-wrinkle cream .
- Sanguisorba Officinalis Root Extract : Extract of the greater pimpernel root, a botanical ingredient that has cleansing, softening, refreshing and tonic properties, and promotes wound healing. According to research, the active component is ziyu-glucoside.
- Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics wrinkle cream as Sodium Hyaluronate.
- Hydroxyproline: It is an amino acid that is mainly found in collagen. Hydroxyproline acts on the epidermis and dermis and increases the synthesis of: ceramides, by activating keratinocytes in the epidermis; dipalmitoyl hydroxyproline (an epidermal repair factor), particularly as a healing agent; of collagen by fibroblasts, by indirect action on the dermis. It is presented as an agent that improves the appearance of the skin, especially reducing aging by increasing its thickness. An in vivo study on one side of the face in 15 women aged 44-55 years shows the effects of 1% hydroxyproline formulated as an emulsion versus a placebo (twice daily for 1 month). For 60%, hydroxyproline tends to reduce wrinkle depth by 3% and wrinkled surface by 35%, compared to placebo. The level of hydration increases by 18%.
- Iron Oxides (Ci 77491) : Tested in Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye contour .
- Chlorella Vulgaris Extract : Tested in Shiseido For Men wrinkle cream .
- Bht : Tested in Shiseido For Men wrinkle cream .
Shiseido Benefiance WrinkleResist24 Analysis Summary
Although it is a high-end cosmetic, it has certain ingredients that should not be in creams of this price. Starting with parabens, continuing with alcohol, and ending with irritating fragrances. None of them are essential ingredients in this cream, in fact, they are very expendable.
WrinkleResist24 is supposed to be made up of Chlorella extract, Mukurossi extract, and Gambir extract (good ingredients), however these extracts are at the bottom of the list so their proportions are too small to make a difference. significant in wrinkles.
The same goes for hyaluronic acid and hydroxyproline, they are almost the latter. I do not understand why these active principles are not among the first.
A word of advice for those who don’t like petroleum-based ingredients: it has quite a few.
Only the Hydrogenated Polydecene, which is in the first place, the Squalane and the beeswax, which are in a good proportion, are saved.
A cheaper and more effective option is the Nezeni Cosmetics eye contour, with abundant and good active ingredients, without parabens (of course) and without fragrances or irritating ingredients.
Find out why I like it so much in the Best Eye Contours article .
Kathie Sand always saw the world of beauty as the terrain on which to build her professional career, a goal that was clear to her when she was only 15 years old. Her great concern to expand knowledge led her to settle in Paris where she studied hand in hand with the best beauty professionals and with the most advanced techniques for skin care.