An intensive serum that has the function of hydrating the skin in depth and preventing or reducing the signs of aging, leaving a younger and more hydrated skin. It is the most expensive cream in the assortment, € 7.99 for 30 ml.
Hydration is provided by hyaluronic acid and orchid extract, which has moisturizing, softening, protective and emollient properties.
While the reduction and prevention of the signs of aging is responsible for the hexapeptide-10, and a combination of peptides and proteins, which stimulate collagen synthesis.
It is recommended to apply in the morning and at night, before the cream, also from the orchid collection, to achieve better results.
We are going to see more in depth what properties the orchid has, and if it is a better or worse serum than others of the brand. All this by looking at the INCI. Something that we have also done with other Cien products and that you can see in this Analysis of Lidl Anti-Wrinkle and Anti-Aging Creams .
Hundred Orchid Intensive Anti-Wrinkle Serum Analysis
- Glycerin : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Squalane : Tested in Clinique For Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Propylene Glycol : Tested in the L’Oreal Revitalift Laser X3 eye contour .
- Glyceryl Polyacrylate : Analyzed in Uriage’s Rich Water Cream SPF 20 .
- Caprylyl Glycol : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Triethanolamine : Tested in L’Oréal Men Expert’s Vita Lift 5 anti-wrinkle cream .
- Pseudoalteromonas Ferment Extract : Tested in Cien’s Gold Anti-Wrinkle Serum .
- Disodium Edta : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Orchis Morio Flower Extract : Extract of the Orchis Morio orchid flower, used in cosmetics as a conditioner. It is an astringent that has an action on tissue shrinkage, and it also participates in healing processes.
- Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein : Tested in the Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye contour as Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract.
- Hydrolyzed Soy Protein : Analyzed in the Youth Architect Force Supreme eye contour by Biotherm Homme .
- Sodium Hyaluronate : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Butylene Glycol : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Xanthan Gum : Analyzed in L’Oréal Men Expert’s Vita Lift 5 anti-wrinkle cream .
- Lecithin : Tested in Powder Blossoms’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Hexapeptide-10 : Analyzed in Cien’s Gold Anti-Wrinkle Serum .
- Carbomer : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Tripeptide-1 : Tested in Cien’s Gold Anti-Wrinkle Serum .
- Tripeptide-10 Citrulline : Tested in Cien’s Gold Anti-Wrinkle Serum .
- Ci 19140 (Yellow 5) : Tested in Clinique For Men Anti-Age Eye Cream .
- Ci 17200 (Red 33) : Tested in Clinique’s Combination Skin Clarifying Lotion 2 .
- Phenoxyethanol : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Methylparaben : PARABEN.
- Propylparaben : PARABEN.
- Butylphenyl Methylpropional : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Linalool : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Benzyl Salicylate : Analyzed in Collistar’s Hyaluronic Acid Aquagel Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Hexyl Cinnamal : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Citronellol : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Parfum (Fragrance) .
Cien Orchid Intensive Anti-Wrinkle Serum Analysis Summary
Although they have not indicated it in the description, the first active that we find is squalane, an antioxidant and regenerator. But Lidl likes propylene glycol (an irritant and sensitizer) too much, and puts it in a high proportion.
After some hydrating and moisturizing ingredients, he again introduces the pseudoalteromonas ferment extract, an ingredient that stimulates the production of collagen, a good anti-wrinkle.
And next is the orchid extract (orchis morio). I suppose that each type of orchid has different properties, and of the variety orchis morio there is very little information about its benefits.
I have only been able to find that it acts as an astringent and healing. I have not seen anything about the moisturizing, softening, protective and emollient properties mentioned in the product description, so I do not know what studies have used to make those claims.
There are more actives, such as hyaluronic acid, hexapeptide-10, tripeptide-1, tripeptide-10 citrulline peptides, and other antioxidants. Good ingredients that would add a lot to the formula if they were in a higher proportion.
But worst of all comes at the bottom of the list: it starts with the toxic preservative phenoxyethanol, and continues with a couple of parabens, and various irritating and allergenic fragrances.
I discard all those formulas that have parabens, so this one is also discarded.
The best anti-wrinkle cream on the market right now is the one from the Nezeni Cosmetics brand (there are also serum), and I say this because of its ingredients.
Obviously, it does not include parabens, nor irritating ingredients. But it does have some of the best anti-aging ingredients on the market now, like argireline or hyaluronic acid. In this Analysis of the best Anti-Wrinkle Creams for Men you have their complete analysis.
Kathie Sand always saw the world of beauty as the terrain on which to build her professional career, a goal that was clear to her when she was only 15 years old. Her great concern to expand knowledge led her to settle in Paris where she studied hand in hand with the best beauty professionals and with the most advanced techniques for skin care.