Sesderma serum is one of the most popular with vitamin C, so we are going to analyze its INCI, to be able to unravel if its fame is for a good reason, or simply it is about marketing.
For now, the brand tells us that it is an intensive treatment for all skin types that acts as a powerful antioxidant.
And also, in the name it appears that it is a liposome serum, which means that the active ingredient is in the form of tiny particles, and it is less difficult for the skin to absorb it to the deepest layers.
If you want to delve into the topic of vitamin C serums, I recommend that you read this article with the Best Vitamin C Serums on the market.
And now we go with the analysis of the Sesderma serum.
Sesderma C-VIT Liposomal serum analysis
- Glycerin : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Propanediol : Tested in the Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye contour .
- Lecithin : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Alcohol : Tested in Shiseido Men Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men as alcohol denat.
- Ascorbyl Glucoside : Analyzed in the anti-wrinkle cream Vita Lift 5 from L’Oreal Men Expert .
- Morus Alba Root Extract : Analyzed in the Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye contour .
- Panthenol : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Sodium Hyaluronate : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Palmitoyl Tripeptide-3 : This synthetic peptide, made up of three amino acids, promotes collagen synthesis by mimicking the natural processes of the skin. It is considered an alternative to collagen injection, as it increases the connective tissue growth factor necessary to produce collagen. Clinical studies have shown that it can reduce the appearance of wrinkles and improve the firmness and moisture level of the skin.
- Trideceth-9 : Analyzed in Cien Men anti-wrinkle cream .
- Xanthan Gum : Analyzed in the anti-wrinkle cream Vita Lift 5 from L’Oreal Men Expert .
- Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Polysorbate 20 : Tested on Clinique Smart eye contour .
- Sodium Chloride : Analyzed in the Nexellence de Nuxe eye contour .
- Sodium Hydroxide : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Sodium Cholate : Analyzed in the Sesderma Reti Age eye contour .
- Ethylhexylglycerin : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Propylene Glycol : Analyzed in the eye contour Revitalift Laser X3 of L’Oreal .
- Retinyl Palmitate : Analyzed in the anti-wrinkle cream Vita Lift 5 from L’Oreal Men Expert .
- Pantolactone : Same as Panthenol, ingredient discussed above.
- Tocopherol : Analyzed in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream as Tocopherol Acetate.
- Phenoxyethanol : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Perfume .
- Citral : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- D-Limonene : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Linalool : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
Sesderma C-VIT Liposomal serum analysis summary
It is true that vitamin C is present in the first 6 ingredients, like the other active ingredients, such as hyaluronic acid, peptide and botanical extract.
This is good, since they are in a good proportion to be able to exert their effect more effectively. However, up there are the good things.
In contrast, there are too many ingredients scattered throughout the list that I don’t like at all. From top to bottom we find irritants (from mild to more aggressive), alcohol (another irritant), PEGs, sensitizers, various fragrances, and two toxic or harmful ingredients.
Although the base is good, there are too many ingredients that are harmful to skin and health. I can’t help but think about the combined effect of all those ingredients being put on my face day after day. And therefore, I would not recommend it.
I have to mention that I have come across more than 3 different INCIS of this product as the ingredients can vary over time. And although the ingredients were very similar in all 3, they were not exactly the same.
Therefore, this analysis exclusively explains the INCI indicated above (the most recent), not the others.
A much less aggressive option for the skin is the Nezeni Cosmetics serum. It only has natural ingredients and none that can be irritating.
And most importantly, its preservative level is really low, which helps to avoid the combined effect of cosmetics. That is why you will see that it expires after 2 years even if the container is not opened.
It has a very good concentration of vitamin C, as well as hyaluronic acid and aloe vera, which provides extra hydration and regeneration.
Its INCI is concise, but it focuses on what really matters. If you want to see its complete analysis, you have it in the link that I recommend above.
Kathie Sand always saw the world of beauty as the terrain on which to build her professional career, a goal that was clear to her when she was only 15 years old. Her great concern to expand knowledge led her to settle in Paris where she studied hand in hand with the best beauty professionals and with the most advanced techniques for skin care.