The Clinique For Men option is not just a moisturizer, it is the ultimate moisturizer, flooding the skin with an instant hydration recharge.
It must be said that the packaging and the aesthetics of the cream is very attractive, as it has a color and a texture that seems that its content is encapsulated pure water. This is thanks to Liquid-Sphere technology, with encapsulated ingredients.
And according to the brand, this hydration that provides boosts hydration reserves for a whole day. Combat dryness, environmental stress, and hydrate without adding fat.
And to know how to choose a moisturizer, do not miss this analysis of the Best Moisturizing Creams for Men , where we tell you what you should look for when buying a moisturizer.
Clinique For Men Maximum Hydrator Concentrate Hydrating Gel Review
- Glycerin : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Butylene Glycol : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Phenyl Trimethicone : Tested in Clinique For Men Anti-Age Eye Cream .
- Propanediol : Tested in the Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye contour .
- Sucrose : Tested in Clinique For Men Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Hydroxyethyl Urea : Analyzed in Kiehl’s Facial Fuel anti-wrinkle cream .
- Alteromonas Ferment Extract : Analyzed in Isdinceutics AGE Reverse Cream from Isdin .
- Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Water : Analyzed in the Anti-wrinkle creampowder flowers .
- Algae Extract : Analyzed in the Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye contour .
- Cholesterol : Tested in the Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye contour .
- Hydrolyzed Rice Extract : Analyzed in the Clinique Smart eye contour .
- Trehalose : Tested in the Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye contour .
- Acetyl Glucosamine : Tested in Clinique For Men wrinkle cream .
- Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate : Analyzed in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Sorbitol : Analyzed in Mercadona’s Sisbela eye contour .
- Sodium Hyaluronate : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Sodium Polyaspartate : Tested in Clinique Moisture Surge Moisturizer .
- Caffeine : Analyzed in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Tocopheryl Acetate : Analyzed in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream as Tocopherol Acetate.
- Sodium Hydroxide : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream .
- Acrylates / C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Carbomer : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Dextrin Palmitate : Anti- caking agent, surfactant and emulsifier.
- Dehydroxanthan Gum : A product obtained by dehydration of xanthan gum, with properties similar to this ingredient that is analyzed in the anti-wrinkle cream Vita Lift 5 from L’Oreal Men Expert .
- Citric Acid : Analyzed in the Anti-wrinkle cream powder flowers .
- Benzophenone-4 : It is a photostabilizer and sunscreen agent used for its ability to absorb UV rays. Helps prevent the integrity of other cosmetic ingredients from deteriorating in the sun. Although it covers UVB rays and short-range UVA rays (UVA-2), it is an unsuitable sunscreen agent when used alone. For this reason, it is often used in conjunction with other sunscreen ingredients. Studies have shown that it acts as an irritant and allergen when applied topically to the skin. Its use is approved but only in concentrations of up to 5%.
- Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate : Analyzed in SkinMedica’s Dermal Repair Cream anti-wrinkle cream .
- Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate : Analyzed in Kiehl’s Facial Fuel anti-wrinkle cream .
- Sodium Citrate : Analyzed in the anti-wrinkle cream Vita Lift 5 from L’Oreal Men Expert .
- Disodium Edta : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Bht : Analyzed in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Chlorphenesin : Analyzed in the anti-wrinkle cream Vita Lift 5 from L’Oreal Men Expert .
- Phenoxyethanol : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Green 6 (Ci 61565) : Green dye, a derivative of anthraquinone.
Summary of analysis Maximum Hydrator Concentrated Hydrating Gel from Clinique For Men
The cream in general is quite good, as it includes a good amount of occlusives, moisturizers and emollients, which each work in one way (reinforcing the barrier to prevent water loss, absorbing water or hydrating the cells), but the result it is a properly hydrated skin, which is what matters.
It’s a shame that hyaluronic acid, a powerful moisturizer, is in such a low ratio.
There are other additional ingredients that also help regenerate, repair, or vitamin C that acts as an antioxidant (the latter also in a low proportion).
There is even a sunscreen, which can do very little to concentrate it.
There are some ingredients that I don’t like as they are irritating or toxic, mostly preservatives. This is the problem with having so many preservatives. Fortunately, except for one, all are in a low proportion.
I like Nezeni Cosmetics Collagen cream better, for 3 reasons: the first is that it contains hydrolyzed collagen in a large proportion.
The second is that in addition to hydrating, it helps prevent the effects of time, such as wrinkles. And the third reason is that it does not have those irritating and toxic ingredients, since it hardly has a couple of preservatives.
Kathie Sand always saw the world of beauty as the terrain on which to build her professional career, a goal that was clear to her when she was only 15 years old. Her great concern to expand knowledge led her to settle in Paris where she studied hand in hand with the best beauty professionals and with the most advanced techniques for skin care.