Cellulite is an aesthetic problem that bothers us a lot and can destroy any woman’s self-esteem. It occurs in 90% of women after adolescence and rarely occurs in men. Contrary to popular belief , cellulite is not related to obesity . It appears in obese, normal and thin people.
What is cellulite?
Cellulite is the layer of fat under the skin , causing dimples on the hips, thighs, buttocks and abdomen. It is characterized by the appearance of dimpling of the skin, giving an “orange peel” appearance. It is produced by the degeneration of fatty tissue with mobility disabilities.
Cellulite “dimples” occur due to the projection of hypodermic fat on the skin. In women, the subcutaneous adipose tissue is deposited in large vertical beams . These beams are separated by fibrous septa perpendicular to the surface of the skin, thus forming vertical chambers. The fat cells are thus separated into groups and are made up of fibers that connect the skin to the muscle located below the hypodermis.
What can cause cellulite?
The genetic factor is important, there are studies that indicate that a woman has a 50% chance of having cellulite if her direct family has it.
When the blood does not flow well, the drainage of toxins deteriorates and makes the liquid between the cells more viscous, generating the “hateful” cellulite.
If estrogen (female hormone) levels are too high, it causes a malfunction in metabolism that can create or aggravate cellulite. The birth control pill can also trigger the problem, as it adds a new dose of hormones circulating in your body.
A bad diet, sedentary lifestyle , emotional stress and excess toxins in the body contribute to the appearance of cellulite, so you know, we have to start taking care of ourselves !!!
How to Treat Cellulite?
We must start by using scrubs , anti-cellulite creams and beauty treatments. But the most important thing is the practice of physical activity and a healthy diet . Through a balanced diet you can prevent and improve treatments to eliminate cellulite.
Tips to Prevent or Reduce Cellulite
- Drink a lot of water. It stimulates the proper functioning of the kidneys and the lymphatic system, in addition to improving the elimination of toxins and the retention of liquids.
- Including fiber in the diet reduces the feeling of hunger and therefore you eat less, in addition to improving intestinal function helping to cleanse the body.
- Avoid eating slow-digesting foods at night, especially carbohydrates. How during the night rest, we reduce the biological rhythm, we spend fewer calories and, therefore, the excess carbohydrate deposits are converted into fat.
- Avoid canned foods , since most of them contain a large amount of preservatives that are harmful to health, in many cases they have been found to be carcinogenic in the long term, although in higher concentrations.
The problem is that in the past, fewer canned products were eaten and it is not yet known how this type of diet can affect long-term health, after 40-60 years.
What Foods Help Eliminate Cellulite?
Many beauty treatments promise to end cellulite, but they will be completely ineffective if they are not combined with a healthy lifestyle .
There are foods that we have to try to consume regularly to improve this elimination of the problem. Most contain high percentages of fiber and vitamins with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce cellulite and further accelerate the result of the chosen treatment.
- Dark green leaves : Go for arugula and spinach to improve circulation and detoxify the body. These antioxidant vegetables fight free radicals and help prevent premature aging.
- Oil seeds : Chestnuts, walnuts and almonds act as antioxidants and prevent the appearance of cellulite due to the large amount of the antioxidant mineral selenium they contain.
- Coconut Water : Reduces the toxins that cause cellulite, in addition to balancing the body and having a number of health benefits .
- Apple : When we eat an apple, a “gel” forms in the stomach, which slows the absorption of glucose and makes it difficult to absorb fats. In addition, it helps neutralize toxins that could cause various discomforts.
- Salmon, sardines and tuna : These fish are rich in omega 3 fatty acids and proteins, with a very low fat content, they help fight cellulite.
- Pineapple : Pineapple is rich in bromelain, an enzyme that works by breaking down proteins and improving the assimilation of amino acids.
- Red fruits (raspberries, blackberries, etc.) : very rich in vitamins C and A, which fight free radicals as they are antioxidants, strengthen blood vessels and decrease insulin production.
- Green tea : Green tea is known for its antioxidant and diuretic action, being a great ally in the control of cellulite. The ideal is to drink three glasses a day so that, little by little, cellulite improves.
Anti-cellulite creams, do they work?
We found many promise of cellulite eliminating products according to cosmetic brands. But we really doubt whether to try them, since they are products that do not have immediate effects and their cost is usually very high.
Firming creams help, but we have to think that not all work the same. It depends a lot on the active principles of the formula and the concentration of these active ingredients, in addition they do not work in all degrees of cellulite, since no cream solves if you have a large amount of cellulite.
The great difficulty they have is to get the penetration of the active principles of the treatment to reach the fat layer, as a general rule, they do not succeed. In other words: The cream is an adjunctive treatment, that is, it does help to eliminate the problem, but it cannot be applied as the only solution.
The way to apply the cream is very important, it cannot simply be spread as if it were an anti-wrinkle cream, but we must give ourselves a vigorous massage of about 10 minutes making circles from the lower to the upper area. The massage stimulates local circulation and helps in the destruction of fat nodules. This lymphatic drainage massage must be performed twice a day. And remember the most important thing is to change your lifestyle , that is, have a good diet and exercise.
If you want to improve the application, you can use this anti-cellulite massager that will achieve a better absorption of the chosen cream and will prevent your wrists from hurting with the strong massage that should be applied.
Best Anti-Cellulite Creams
For more information about each product (such as pricing for example), click on the individual links (which can be opened in a new browser window or tab).
You can also check which are the best anti-wrinkle creams with a complete study that we have carried out, even analyzing at the ingredient level.
- Somatoline – Resistant Cellulite Treatment
- InstaNatural Anti-Cellulite Cream – with Caffeine and Retinol – Firming and Dimple Removing Lotion for Legs, Arms, Stomach, Buttocks and More – No Wraps Required – with Jojoba Oil and Vitamin E – 4 oz
- Verdimill Professional – Reducing anti-cellulite cream, 500 ml
- THE BEST VEGAN ANTI-CELLULITE CREAM – ORGANIC Oils and ingredients – A SUPER ADVANCED TREATMENT Reduces orange peel skin – Firming cream for the body, legs, arms, belly and butt
- Thiomucase – Anti-Cellulite Cream Kit with Reducing Actives
- Brische anti-cellulite cream, seaweed extract, collagen
- Babaria Anti-Cellulite Cream + Aloe Vera Body Cream – 1 Pack
- SOMATOLINE SERUM REBELLIOUS AREAS 100ml
Kathie Sand always saw the world of beauty as the terrain on which to build her professional career, a goal that was clear to her when she was only 15 years old. Her great concern to expand knowledge led her to settle in Paris where she studied hand in hand with the best beauty professionals and with the most advanced techniques for skin care.