NewPeptin cream is presented as a wrinkle repairer, stating that it acts against the main causes of skin aging, with the combined action of peptides and hyaluronic acid.
As you already know that I do not judge a cream by its slogans or claims, I am going to write a full INCI analysis of this anti-wrinkle product, to see whether or not I like the ingredients it has, and then decide accordingly.
After reading this article, I recommend that you read this one with an Analysis of the Best Anti-Wrinkle and Anti-Aging Creams for Men .
Wrinkle Repair Cream for Men, NewPeptin
Aqua, Stearic Acid, Glycerin, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Isopropyl Palmitate, Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride, Sorbitan Olivate, Imperata Cylindrica Root Extract, Triethanolamcao, Theobroma Seedite Palmcao, Theobrito Palmcao, Theobrito Palmcao -7, Ceramide 2, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract, PEG-8 Dimethicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Zingiber Officinale Root Extract, PEG-10 Rapeisaboled Piperita, Menthol Sterol Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Mangifera Indica Seed Butter, Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract, Prunus Persica Fruit Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Algae Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium Extract, Caprylyl Glycol, Parfum, Polysorbate, 60, Dimethicone, 1, Dimethicone, 602-Hexanediol, Tribehenin, Carbomer, Menthyl Lactate, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum Peel Extract, Ethyl Macadamiate, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Pyridoxine HCL, Vitis Vinifera Fruit Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Polyester Sorbate, Polypheryl Acetate 20, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates / C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Citronellol, D-limonene, Geraniol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Hydroxymethyl-Pentyl Cyclohexene Carboxpropyaldehyde, Silcoridiosilfatel Propyldehyde, Silcoridiostephoxydehyde, Silcoridiosilfatel Propyldehyde, Sodiuml Propylfateol .Tocopheryl Acetate, Polysorbate 20, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates / C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Citronellol, D-limonene, Geraniol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Hydroxymethyl-Pentyl Cyclohepoxene Carboxypropyl, Hydroxymethyl-Pentyl Cyclohepoxene Carboxypropyl, Proxyuldehyde Sulfide Octyldodecanol, Ascorbic Acid.Tocopheryl Acetate, Polysorbate 20, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates / C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Citronellol, D-limonene, Geraniol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Hydroxymethyl-Pentyl Cyclohepoxene Carboxypropyl, Hydroxymethyl-Pentyl Cyclohepoxene Carboxypropyl, Proxyuldehyde Sulfide Octyldodecanol, Ascorbic Acid.
- Stearic Acid : Analyzed in the Fiori di Cipria anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Glycerin : Tested in ClarinsMen’s anti-wrinkle cream .
- C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate : Tested in Neutrogena Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Cetyl Alcohol : Analyzed in the anti-wrinkle cream Vita Lift 5 from L’Oreal Men Expert .
- Glyceryl Stearate : Analyzed in the Fiori di Cipria anti-wrinkle cream .
- Butylene Glycol : Analyzed in ClarinsMen’s anti-wrinkle cream .
- Propylene Glycol : Tested in the L’Oreal Revitalift Laser X3 Contour .
- Isopropyl Palmitate : It is the ester product of isopropyl alcohol and palmitic acid (palm oil). This molecule can increase the penetration of other substances into the skin. It also has skin conditioning, moisturizing, antistatic and binding properties.
- Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride : Tested in ClarinsMen’s anti-wrinkle cream as Caprylic / Capric Glycerides.
- Sorbitan Olivate : Natural olive oil and sorbitol emulsifier, without PEG. It reduces water loss from the skin, has a high moisturizing effect, and is hypoallergenic.
- Imperata Cylindrica Root Extract : Cogon root extract, also called alang-alang or red baron. By increasing hydration within skin cells, this extract can in turn help ensure higher cellular metabolism and better collagen synthesis, providing long-term skin improvement, leaving it looking healthier.
- Triethanolamine : Analyzed in the anti-wrinkle cream Vita Lift 5 from L’Oreal Men Expert .
- Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter : Butter extracted from cocoa beans, used as an emollient. Cocoa butter is made up of a large number of skin-healthy fatty acids, including stearic acid, oleic acid, and palmitic acid, which is why it works as an antioxidant, slowing down the aging process by limiting the effects of environmental free radicals, which cause cell damage.
- Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7 : Analyzed in Decléor’s Harmonie Calm contour .
- Ceramide 2 : Tested in Vichy Homme LiftActiv anti-wrinkle cream as Ceramide 3.
- Palmitoyl Oligopeptide : Tested in Clinique For Men wrinkle cream .
- Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch : Analyzed in Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye contour as Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract.
- Acetyl Hexapeptide-8 : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics cream as Argireline, very good ingredient with botox effect, but too low to have the effects discussed in the analysis.
- Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein : Same as Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch discussed above.
- Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract : Chamomile flower extract. The main components of the flowers include phenolic compounds, primarily the flavonoids apigenin, quercetin, patuletin, luteolin, and their glycosides, all of which function as antioxidants. Studies indicate that it has a powerful soothing action on the skin, among other benefits. If there is an allergy to plants of the daisy family, it is necessary to avoid products containing chamomile.
- PEG-8 Dimethicone : Tested on Clinique Smart contour as PEG-10 Dimethicone.
- Sodium Hyaluronate : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics cream .
- Zingiber Officinale Root Extract : Ginger root extract that promotes heat by increasing circulation, acts as a natural anti-inflammatory to soothe the skin, and removes free radicals while reducing edema. It acts as a stimulant, anti-irritant and antiseptic. It also has anti-aging properties due to its ability to almost totally inhibit the breakdown of collagen by inhibiting the enzyme collagenase. It allows the maintenance of protein levels in the dermis and the flexibility of the skin.
- PEG-10 Rapeseed Sterol : A PEG used primarily as a surfactant or emulsifier. Due to its low molecular weight (10), it is minimally absorbed by the skin, and it is less dangerous. But it can still contain harmful impurities, including ethylene oxide, 1,4-dioxane, PAH, lead, iron, and arsenic. This ingredient should not be used on damaged or irritated skin.
- Bisabolol : Analyzed in the Lancaster Contour Skin Therapy .
- Mentha Piperita Oil : Peppermint oil, a natural source of menthol, which helps to wake up tired and dull skin. It is also a great source of vitamins and minerals, and has a natural ability to refresh and calm. Although it can be used on any skin type, it is especially useful for oily and combination skin as it helps balance natural oils. This means fewer clogged pores. The downside is that it can also have a sensitizing effect on the skin, particularly around the mouth.
- Eucalyptus Globulus Oil : Eucalyptus oil with purifying, cleansing, clarifying and stimulating action. It is known for its ability to reduce or eliminate harmful bacteria, as well as infections on contact. The oil has benefits for the skin, but it is also a powerful sensitizer due to its chemical components.
- Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice : Analyzed in the Fiori di Cipria anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Mangifera Indica Seed Butter : Mango butter is known for its cleansing properties and is used in soaps and hair care products. It is also used in creams as a surfactant due to sodium mangosteen, emulsifier and non-aqueous agent to increase viscosity. It has oleic acid, palmitic acid, linoleic acid, and stearic acid. Mango butter is a natural moisturizer due to its fatty acids. Oleic acid and stearic acid hydrate, firm and tighten the skin, thus preserving its natural elasticity. It also contains vitamin C, which is the building block of the skin; and vitamin A. Although it is not a sunscreen per se, mango butter helps protect the skin from external threats, and has a calming effect on the skin.
- Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract : Tested in Clinique For Men wrinkle cream .
- Prunus Persica Fruit Extract : Analyzed in Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye contour as Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil / Apricot Kernel Oil.
- Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract : Analyzed in Nuxellence contour from Nuxe .
- Algae Extract : Analyzed in Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Contour .
- Epilobium Angustifolium Extract : Extract derived from a plant commonly known as epilobium or oleander. It is effective against acne bacteria, anti-inflammatory, anti-irritant, antioxidant, and antimicrobial.
- Caprylyl Glycol : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Perfume .
- Polysorbate 60 : Analyzed in the Fiori di Cipria anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Dimethicone : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- 1,2-Hexanediol : Analyzed in Mercadona’s Sisbela eye contour .
- Tribehenin : Glyceryl tribehenate or glyceryl tribehenate, composed of a mixture of glycerin, a lubricating softening and moisturizer, and behenic acid, a plant-derived fatty acid and conditioner. It is found in animal and vegetable fats and oils such as tallow, palm kernel, and coconut oils, and is used as a conditioning agent. Tribehenin is considered a low-risk ingredient, as it can help other chemicals penetrate the skin. It is not toxic or irritating.
- Carbomer : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Menthyl Lactate : Ester of menthol and lactic acid, this ingredient is used as a cooling or flavoring agent and fragrance in cosmetics. This derivative of menthol is supposed to be less sensitizing than menthol, but there is no corroborated research to support this claim.
- PEG-12 Dimethicone : Tested on Clinique Smart contour as PEG-10 Dimethicone.
- Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract : Tested in ClarinsMen’s anti-wrinkle cream .
- Citrus Medica Limonum Peel Extract : Analyzed in Apivita’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Ethyl Macadamiate : Ethyl Macadamiate is a non-greasy, non-sticky alternative to silicone that exhibits excellent spreadability. It is a natural substance and has no major side effects.
- Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract : Tested in Lancaster Contour Skin Therapy .
- Pyridoxine HCL : It is the hydrochloride salt of vitamin B6. When applied naturally to the body, it helps balance sodium and potassium as well as promote red blood cell production. It is also believed to have antibacterial and antioxidant properties when applied topically to the skin, although there is very little research to verify these claims. It is generally used as a skin and hair conditioning agent. The cosmetics database finds pyridoxine HCL to be a moderately hazardous ingredient, highlighting reproductive effects when administered in very low doses, and effects on the brain and nervous system in low to moderate doses; the cellular mutation was caused in mammalian cells in vitro.
- Vitis Vinifera Fruit Extract : Tested on Clinique Smart contour .
- Potassium Sorbate : Analyzed in ClarinsMen’s anti-wrinkle cream .
- Tocopheryl Acetate : Analyzed in ClarinsMen’s wrinkle cream as Tocopherol Acetate.
- Polysorbate 20 : Tested on the Clinique Smart contour .
- Disodium EDTA : Analyzed in ClarinsMen’s anti-wrinkle cream .
- Phenoxyethanol : Analyzed in ClarinsMen’s anti-wrinkle cream .
- Acrylates / C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Citronellol : Tested in Shiseido For Men wrinkle cream .
- D-limonene : Tested in ClarinsMen’s anti-wrinkle cream as Limonene.
- Geraniol : Analyzed in Decléor’s Harmonie Calm contour .
- Butylphenyl Methylpropional : Analyzed in ClarinsMen’s anti-wrinkle cream .
- Linalool : Analyzed in ClarinsMen’s anti-wrinkle cream .
- Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone : Analyzed in ClarinsMen’s anti-wrinkle cream .
- Hydroxymethyl-Pentyl Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde : Also known as Lyral, it is a fragrance and masking ingredient used in many skin care products. It is an aldehyde fragrance that easily penetrates the skin. It is considered one of the “10 best fragrances” of the last 25 years, according to the European Union, and is found in more than 35% of all beauty products. And although it has been used without restrictions in cosmetic products, this has changed recently. According to a study published in Contact Dermatitis, an allergic reaction resulting from the application of Lyral occurred in 16 of 18 cases (89%). Of the 18 patients, 11 reacted to the low and 5 to the high concentration.
- Sodium Propoxy Hydroxypropyl Thiosulfate Silica : There is not much information on this ingredient, it is only known to be a silicone surfactant.
- Octyldodecanol : Analysis on Vichy Homme LiftActiv anti-wrinkle cream .
- Ascorbic Acid : Tested in Lancaster Contour Skin Therapy .
After this extensive list, I will give you a summary of what I have drawn in conclusion.
The first ingredient I come across is considered toxic, so we’re off to a good start. And it is not the only harmful ingredient out there, besides irritating and sensitizing ingredients.
There are also a few silicones, PEGs, fragrances, and allergenic ingredients (like wheat).
There are also many botanical ingredients with good properties, and active principles, such as hyaluronic acid, Argireline, peptides and ceramides; although they begin to be seen from the twelfth position.
This means that its proportion is quite low, and the properties and benefits that said ingredient can have are not as effective.
My recommendation is the anti-wrinkle cream from Nezeni Cosmetics. Although they share some active principles and ingredients, the concentration of these is not even close. And of course, Nezeni’s cream has no silicones, no irritating, sensitizing or allergenic ingredients; and much less toxic.
Kathie Sand always saw the world of beauty as the terrain on which to build her professional career, a goal that was clear to her when she was only 15 years old. Her great concern to expand knowledge led her to settle in Paris where she studied hand in hand with the best beauty professionals and with the most advanced techniques for skin care.