Monroe London is an English brand of cosmetic products specially designed for all types of men.
From its name we extract that it is a serum that should be used at night, since it works while we sleep; that it is a concentrated product; and that suggests a recovery or improvement of problems related to the skin.
As the brand mentions, they couldn’t pack more anti-aging ingredients in this serum, so expectations are high. We are going to get out of doubt by analyzing the INCI.
And after this article I recommend this other one so you can learn about the Best Facial and Anti-Aging Serums for Men , where there are many more product reviews, and I explain if the serums can be used regardless of gender.
Monroe London Night Recovery Serum Analysis
- Carbomer : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream as Caprylic / Capric glycerides.
- Cetyl Alcohol : Analyzed in the anti-wrinkle cream Vita Lift 5 from L’Oreal Men Expert .
- Stearic Acid : Analyzed in the Fiori di Cipria anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Glycerin : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate: A fatty acid derived from coconut oil. It is used in cosmetics and personal care products as a surfactant and is often seen in hair care products due to its ability to help water mix with oil and dirt, allowing it to rinse more easily. As a surfactant, it creates a wet sensation, solubilizes oils, and reduces surface tension, and can also aid in foaming. It is safe in concentrations up to 50% for rinse-off products and 17% for non-rinse products. Although generally considered mild, all surfactants can be irritating and tend to be more irritating at higher concentrations. Sodium cocoyl isothionate has been specifically shown to cause eye irritation at higher concentrations. It is also related to organ toxicity.
- Disodium EDTA : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Propylene Glycol : Analyzed in the eye contour Revitalift Laser X3 of L’Oreal .
- Phenoxyethanol : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Decylene Glycol : Analyzed in the Acqua di Parma Collection Barbiere Revitalizing Facial Serum .
- Caprylyl Glycol : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Sodium Benzoate : Analyzed in the Nuxellence de Nuxe eye contour .
- Potassium Sorbate : Analyzed in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil / Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil : Analyzed in the eye contour of Nutreplus .
- Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Oil / Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil : Analyzed in the Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye eye contour .
- Jasminum Officinale Flower Oil / Jasminum Officinale (Jasmine) Oil : Analyzed in the Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye eye contour .
- Cinnamomum Zeylanicum Leaf Oil / Cinnamon (Cinnamomum Verum) Leaf Oil : Oil from the leaves of the cinnamon tree, a strong antiseptic and has a cleansing effect. It has antifungal, antiviral, bactericidal, energizing and stimulating properties. It has a warm, spicy, and musky smell, so it also serves as a fragrance ingredient. Cinnamon oil, which is extracted from the leaf, is non-toxic. But caution should be exercised as the cinnamaldehyde and eugenol contained in the oil can cause irritation, especially to the mucous membranes. High doses can cause seizures, and should be avoided during pregnancy.
- Crithmum Maritimum Extract : Analyzed in Cien Men’s wrinkle cream .
- Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil / Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Algae Extract : Analyzed in the Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye contour .
- Pullulan : Analyzed in Filorga’s Ultralifting Lift Designer serum .
- Benzoic Acid : Analyzed in Mercadona’s Sisbela eye contour .
- Sorbic Acid : Analyzed in the Lancaster Skin Therapy eye contour .
- Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil / Prunus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil : Analyzed in Filorga’s Ultralifting Lift Designer serum .
- Carotenoids / Carotene : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream as Beta Carotene.
- Tocopherol : Analyzed in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream as Tocopherol Acetate.
- Ascorbyl Palmitate : Analyzed in the Fiori di Cipria anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Hydroxyethylcellulose : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Linalool : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Benzyl Benzoate : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Limonene : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
Monroe London Night Recovery Serum analysis summary
This serum is a good example of why we should look at INCi before buying any product.
It is true that it includes several good anti-aging ingredients, mainly antioxidants, but we must not only look if they are, but where they are on the list.
In this case they are too low, in very low proportions, so their effects will be just as mild.
This serum contains Pullulan, an ingredient that provides instant firmness, a momentary effect that does not correct the problem, but covers it for a few minutes.
My experience tells me to look for products with ingredients that produce a gradual long-term effect, that’s why I avoid silicones and these types of active ingredients.
In addition, in the first positions I have found ingredients that I do not want on my skin, some cause allergic reactions, others are eye or respiratory irritants, and unfortunately there are also toxins that can put our health at risk.
A much better serum is the Nezeni Cosmetics option, with a good proportion of active ingredients and without the problem of the combined effect.
In fact, it is the one I am using right now, along with other brand cosmetics, and I never tire of recommending it because of the good results I am having.
Kathie Sand always saw the world of beauty as the terrain on which to build her professional career, a goal that was clear to her when she was only 15 years old. Her great concern to expand knowledge led her to settle in Paris where she studied hand in hand with the best beauty professionals and with the most advanced techniques for skin care.