The serum is part of the Regenerist Luminous collection by Olay, which aims to regenerate the appearance of the skin, achieving a fresher and more luminous appearance.
To do this, he uses Niacinamide, the main ingredient that Olay likes to use in many of his formulas. But is that its only active ingredient, or does it have more? Let’s see it by analyzing all your INCI.
And since I see that you are interested in what you put on your face, after this reading I recommend this other article with an exhaustive Analysis of the Best Facial and Anti – Aging Serums on the market.
And without further ado, let’s go with the analysis of Olay’s serum.
Olay Regenerist Luminous Tone Perfecting Serum Review
- Niacinamide : Analyzed in the Olay Eyes eye contour .
- Butylene Glycol : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Pentylene Glycol : Tested in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Ethylhexyl Palmitate : Analyzed in Filorga’s Ultralifting Lift Designer serum .
- Polymethylsilsesquioxane : Analyzed in the Génifique Yeux Light Pearl contour from Lancome .
- Dimethicone : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Boron Nitride : Tested on the Vichy Homme Hydra Mag C + contour .
- Silica : Analyzed in the anti-wrinkle cream Vita Lift 5 from L’Oreal Men Expert .
- Undecylenoyl Phenylalanine : It is a compound that includes amino acids and lipid residues, used in cosmetics and personal care products, specifically whitening formulas, to prevent skin cells from producing melanin pigmentation. Undecylenoyl phenylalanine inhibits melanotropin, a melanin stimulator found in the skin. Melanotropin controls the activity of tyrosinase (an essential enzyme in the production of melanin), the synthesis of melanin (eumalanin) and the melanosome; therefore, by preventing melanotropin production, the pigmentation process is reduced or stopped.
- Polyglyceryl-10 Oleate : This mild plant-based emulsifier is a great alternative to more questionable options like polyethylene glycol (PEG) and triethanolamine (TEA).
- Dimethiconol : Analyzed in the anti-wrinkle cream Vita Lift 5 from L’Oreal Men Expert .
- Ascorbyl Glucoside : Analyzed in the anti-wrinkle cream Vita Lift 5 from L’Oreal Men Expert .
- Glucosyl Hesperidin : Although Glucosyl Hesperidin is a blood pressure medication, its ability to improve blood circulation allows it to stimulate the superficial circulation of the skin, and therefore helps to improve dark circles under the eyes, dull complexion and tired skin. In P&G patent research, it was found that Glucosyl Hesperidin can be used for anti-aging and skin lightening products. Its flavonoid compounds are known to provide antioxidants, UV absorption, and radical scavenging benefits, and are also known to be effective in strengthening the structure of collagen.
- Tocopherol : Analyzed in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream as Tocopherol Acetate.
- Aminomethyl Propanol : Tested in Clinique For Men eye contour .
- Acrylates / C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Polysorbate 20 : Tested on the Clinique Smart contour .
- Disodium EDTA : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Polyglyceryl-2 Oleate : Same as Polyglyceryl-10 Oleate, discussed above.
- Phenoxyethanol : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Benzyl Alcohol : Analyzed in Nuxellence Contour from Nuxe .
- Sodium Benzoate : Analyzed in Nuxellence contour from Nuxe .
- Parfum .
- Benzyl Salicylate : Analyzed in Collistar Line Uomo’s Pure Actives Hyaluronic Acid anti-wrinkle cream .
- Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde : Also known as Lyral, it is a fragrance and masking ingredient used in many skin care products. It is an aldehyde fragrance that easily penetrates the skin. It is considered one of the “10 best fragrances” of the last 25 years, according to the European Union, and is found in more than 35% of all beauty products. And although it has been used without restrictions in cosmetic products, this has changed recently. According to a study published in Contact Dermatitis, an allergic reaction resulting from the application of Lyral occurred in 16 of 18 cases (89%). Of the 18 patients, 11 reacted to the low and 5 to the high concentration.
Olay Regenerist Luminous Tone Perfecting Serum Review Summary
Although the list begins well with an active ingredient that acts as an antioxidant and depigmenting agent, as you continue you realize that few other ingredients are worth it.
And not only that, but the rest of the ingredients are silicones, preservatives, irritating fragrances, and even two potentially toxic ingredients.
As we see in many commercial formulas, many chemicals and very few active ingredients (just two depigmenting agents, vitamin C and E), which are also in a very low proportion.
If you want a healthier option for your skin and your health, I recommend the Nezeni Cosmetics serum, without irritating or toxic ingredients, and with several active ingredients that act on wrinkles and lines.
Kathie Sand always saw the world of beauty as the terrain on which to build her professional career, a goal that was clear to her when she was only 15 years old. Her great concern to expand knowledge led her to settle in Paris where she studied hand in hand with the best beauty professionals and with the most advanced techniques for skin care.