Get radiant skin with the Eve Lom treatment, a serum with powerful alpha hydroxy acids and retinol. This combination of anti-aging actives helps reduce wrinkles and achieves smoother skin with a radiant glow.
Due to the retinol encapsulated in liposomes, it reduces the risk of skin irritation, swelling and allergic reactions.
The exfoliating properties of alpha hydroxy acids help to renew the skin at the cellular level, to achieve an even tone, and fewer blemishes.
In addition, the extract of calendula helps to smooth the skin; vitamin E helps fight the aging process; and grapefruit extract maintains vitality and gives the skin a fresh and luminous appearance.
Before going through the analysis of the cream, I recommend that you read this article with the Best Creams with Retinoic Acid , in which you will discover everything you need to know to be a retinoid expert.
Eve Lom’s Time Retreat Radiance Boost Treatment Analysis
- Glycerin : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Propanediol : Tested in the Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye contour .
- Sodium Lactate : Analyzed in the Mercadona Sisbela eye contour .
- Galactoarabinan : Analyzed in Oskia’s Eye Wonder eye contour .
- Trimethylpentanediol / Adipic Acid Copolymer : It acts as a reservoir of assets trapping them within the matrix, to manage an asset in a controlled manner. The result is less irritation from the anti-aging actives.
- Vaccinium Myrtillus Fruit Extract : Analyzed in Vichy’s LiftActiv anti-wrinkle cream .
- Panthenol : Tested in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Alcohol Denat : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract : Analyzed in Vichy’s LiftActiv anti-wrinkle cream .
- Phenoxyethanol : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Arginine : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men as Arginine HCl.
- Lysolecithin : Hydrolyzed I am lecithin. It acts as a natural emulsifier and increases the stability of emulsions, characterized by high solubility in water. Ideal for emulsions with high water content. The most notable difference between lysocytin and other lecithins is the skin feel of the emulsions. They are lighter, less greasy, less film-forming, more hydrating and absorb more quickly. In hair care, lysocytine has proven to be a nourishing and conditioning agent in shampoos, serums, and hair conditioners.
- Sclerotium Gum : Analyzed in the Decléor Harmonie Calm eye contour .
- Olus (Vegetable) Oil : Analyzed in NeoStrata Bionic Cream as Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil.
- Tocopheryl Acetate : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men as Tocopherol Acetate.
- Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate : Tested in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Lecithin : Tested in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Pentylene Glycol : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract : Analyzed in Vichy’s LiftActiv anti-wrinkle cream .
- Citrus Limon (Lemon) Fruit Extract : Analyzed in Vichy’s LiftActiv anti-wrinkle cream .
- Pullulan : Analyzed in Filorga’s Ultralifting Lift Designer serum .
- Xanthan Gum : Analyzed in L’Oreal Men Expert’s Vita Lift 5 anti-wrinkle cream .
- Inulin Lauryl Carbamate : Polymeric emulsifier (large molecule of repeating subunits) that comes from inulin, a natural polysaccharide found in the roots and rhizomes of various plants. The emulsifier is obtained by adding chains of the oil to the inulin. The resulting copolymer can emulsify large amounts of oil and stabilize oil droplets or non-water soluble particles so that they do not clump together in the formula.
- Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Lactic Acid : Analyzed in the Lancaster Skin Therapy eye contour .
- Cetyl Alcohol : Analyzed in the anti-wrinkle cream Vita Lift 5 from L’Oreal Men Expert .
- Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract: Grapefruit extract, particularly high in antioxidants. Due to its red color, antioxidants such as vitamin C and E occur naturally in the fruit. When applied to the face, it can help protect the skin from the sun’s harmful rays and collect and neutralize free radicals. In addition to causing fine lines, wrinkles, holes, and dark spots, free radicals can cause cancer. As an anti-inflammatory, grapefruit plays a double role. Not only does it help remove any redness caused by environmental irritants, it also helps minimize blemishes and scrapes that occur from time to time. It does this by increasing blood flow to the areas of application. As the irritation carries away the blood, the skin can return to a more natural and clearer appearance. It is often used in cleansers and toners, as it effectively cleanses the skin, without over-drying it. When used in an exfoliator, it helps remove dead skin cells and promotes smooth-looking skin. We also see grapefruit as a preservative. Although it is not a broad spectrum preservative and needs to be combined with other preservatives to provide complete protection, it is an alternative to synthetic preservatives.
- Acer Saccharinum (Sugar Maple) Extract : Tested in Vichy’s LiftActiv anti-wrinkle cream .
- Ethylhexylglycerin : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Alcohol : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men as Alcohol Denat.
- Polysorbate 20 : Tested on Clinique Smart eye contour .
- Retinol : Analyzed in the eye contour Reti Age Eye Contour of Sesderma .
- Terminalia Ferdinandiana Fruit Extract : Extract of gubinge, kakadu or murunga, with vitamin C and antibacterial properties. In fact, studies suggest that this fruit is among those with the highest levels of vitamin C, if not the highest in the world. In addition to offering antibacterial activity, the plant has been found to reduce inflammation, relief pain, and supply a substantial amount of minerals.
- Sodium Carboxymethyl Beta-Glucan : Tested in Caudalie’s Premier Cru eye contour .
- Silica : Analyzed in the anti-wrinkle cream Vita Lift 5 from L’Oreal Men Expert .
- Glycine Soja (Soybean) Sterols : Sterol derived from the Glycine soja (soy) plant. A sterol is a steroid. It is a natural emulsifier and emollient derived from soy. It has anti-inflammatory and skin conditioning properties.
- Pantolactone : Same as Panthenol ingredient, discussed above.
- Carnosine : Analyzed in Biotherm Homme Age Fitness Advanced wrinkle cream .
- Potassium Phosphate : Tested in Lancaster Youth Renewal 365 Skin Repair Serum .
- Calendula Officinalis Extract : Analyzed in the Nuxellence de Nuxe eye contour .
- Citric Acid : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Bht : Analyzed in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Ascorbyl Palmitate : Analyzed in Powder Blossoms’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
Eve Lom Time Retreat Radiance Boost Treatment Analysis Summary
In this cream they have used encapsulated liposomal Retinol, a stabilized form of vitamin A that can offer all the benefits of retinol, without causing skin irritation. Something that is always welcome.
But what about the rest of the ingredients? Well, we have a bit of everything. At the top there is a good exfoliant, such as Galactoarabinan, an antioxidant botanical extract, and provitamin B5, a good moisturizer.
But there is also alcohol, Propanediol (irritant) or Phenoxyethanol (toxic preservative and irritant).
And at the bottom are various moisturizers, antioxidants, more AHAs, and anti-inflammatories.
The formula is not bad, only that the Retinol is not in a very high concentration, and the harmful ingredients that it includes if they have a large proportion. So there is a risk of the combined effect in the future.
If you want to avoid this risk, you can choose a cream with retinol and without irritants or toxic, such as Vsadey. It also has hyaluronic acid, antioxidants and moisturizers, being valid for all skin types.
If you want to see his full analysis in more detail, you can find it in the link above.
Kathie Sand always saw the world of beauty as the terrain on which to build her professional career, a goal that was clear to her when she was only 15 years old. Her great concern to expand knowledge led her to settle in Paris where she studied hand in hand with the best beauty professionals and with the most advanced techniques for skin care.