Estée Lauder Day Cream is an advanced lightweight moisturizer for normal and combination skin that reduces the signs of premature aging.
It defends against harmful UV rays and protects the skin with an advanced broad spectrum sunscreen , which helps protect it and keep it younger, for longer.
The formula also features a Super Anti-Oxidant Complex to prevent and diminish the appearance of the first signs of aging, such as dullness, fine lines and dryness.
Ingredients in the complex include essential skin antioxidants, including vitamins C and E, Eukarion and EGT, which fight free radical damage that can lead to visible aging.
With soothing emollients and a luscious texture, Daywear refreshes skin with deep, long-lasting hydration. Infused with a cucumber fragrance for an instant boost, skin is perfectly hydrated, smooth, and healthy-looking.
What else do you need to know? DayWear is non-comedogenic and dermatologist tested. And of course, this is the list of its analyzed ingredients.
And after the analysis, do not miss this other article with the Best Anti-Wrinkle Creams for Women of 40 years , where this product is found.
Estee Lauder Daywear Advanced Multi-Protection Anti-Oxidant Creme SPF15 Review
- Avobenzone 3% : Tested in Neutrogena Men’s Age Fighter Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Octisalate 5% : Tested in Neutrogena Men’s Age Fighter Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Dimethicone : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Butyloctyl Salicylate : Analyzed in Mercadona’s Sisbela eye contour .
- Butylene Glycol : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Polyester-8 : Tested in Clinique Smart wrinkle cream .
- Cetyl Ricinoleate : Analyzed in the Anti-Wrinkle Cream Summum RX Cream from Cumlaude .
- Steareth-21 : Analyzed in Clarins Multi-Intensive eye contour .
- Steareth-2 : Same as the previous ingredient.
- Di-C12-15 Alkyl Fumarate : Tested in Strivectin StriVectin-AR Advanced Retinol Cream .
- Caprylic / Capric / Myristic / Stearic Triglyceride : Tested in Martiderm’s Epigence 145 anti-wrinkle cream .
- Polysilicone-11 : Analyzed in the Lancaster Skin Therapy eye contour .
- Psidium Guajava (Guava) Fruit Extract : More commonly known as guava, the extract from the Psidum guajava fruit is a rich source of bioactive antioxidants, including gallic acid, catechin, chlorogenic acid, rutin, quercetin, tocopherol, beta-carotene, and lycopene. The extract of the leaves is also a good source of beneficial compounds for healthy skin. Topical application of guava fruit can deliver these valuable antioxidants to the skin.
- Gentiana Lutea (Gentian) Root Extract : Tested in the Clinique Smart eye contour .
- Polygonum Cuspidatum Root Extract : Analyzed in Germaine de Capuccini for Men Force Revive Serum .
- Stearyl Alcohol : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract \ Extrait D’Orge : Tested in Clinique For Men Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Laminaria Ochroleuca Extract : Analyzed in the Bioderma Sensibio eye contour .
- Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract : Analyzed in Decleor’s Harmonie Calm eye contour .
- Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract : Tested in the Estée Lauder Night Repair Eye eye contour .
- Artemia Extract : Analyzed in Mercadona’s Sisbela eye contour .
- Fumaria Officinalis Flower / Leaf / Stem Extract: It is an extract of the flowers, leaves and stems of the herb Fumaria Officinalis, also called moth or blood of Christ. It contains many substances including alkaloids, potassium salts, as well as fumaric acid, which is naturally produced by the skin when exposed to the sun and is also used by skin cells for energy. Extract from the flowers, leaves, and stems of Fumaria is often used topically for its anti-inflammatory properties. Applied externally, it relieves psoriasis and is also used as a treatment for skin conditions such as eczema and scabies. It is also an effective acne treatment. The antioxidant activity of alkaloids and phenolic extracts of these species has been studied. In addition, it contains some type of fatty acids with antioxidant effects.
- Caffeine : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Pentylene Glycol : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract : Tested in Vichy Homme LiftActiv anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Hydrolyzed Rice Extract : Analyzed in the Clinique Smart eye contour .
- Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract : Tested on Clinique Smart eye contour .
- Hydrolyzed Rice Bran Extract : Analyzed in the Clinique Smart eye contour .
- Lauryl Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone : Tested in Estée Lauder Perfectionist CP + R Serum .
- Thermus Thermophillus Ferment : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Behenyl Alcohol : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Acrylic Acid / Vp Crosspolymer : Tested in Nivea For Men anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Triacontanyl Pvp : It is a film-forming, waterproofing and anti-wear agent. When used in sunscreens, it makes it easy to formulate high SPFs without the need to significantly increase the use of sunscreen chemicals. The result is products with higher SPF, less or no irritation and greater profitability.
- Glycerin : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate : Tested in Neutrogena Men’s Age Fighter Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Linoleic Acid : Tested on Clinique For Men eye contour .
- Cholesterol : Tested in the Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye contour .
- Squalane : Tested in Clinique For Men Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Sodium Pca : Tested in the Shiseido Benefiance WrinkleResist24 eye contour .
- 1,2-Hexanediol : Analyzed in Mercadona’s Sisbela eye contour .
- Urea : Analyzed in Mercadona’s Sisbela eye contour .
- Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Dipropylene Glycol Dibenzoate : Emollient and skin conditioner.
- Tocopheryl Acetate : Analyzed in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men as Tocopherol Acetate.
- Acrylamide / Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer : Tested in the Estée Lauder Night Repair Eye contour .
- Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate : Analyzed in SkinMedica’s Dermal Repair Cream anti-wrinkle cream .
- Sodium Hyaluronate : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Ergothioneine : Tested in the Clinique Smart eye contour .
- Isohexadecane : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Ppg-15 Stearyl Ether Benzoate : Emollient and skin conditioner.
- Glycyrrhetinic Acid : Analyzed in the Bioderma Sensibio eye contour .
- Trehalose : Tested in the Estée Lauder Night Repair Eye contour .
- Polyquaternium-51 : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Polysorbate 80 : Tested in the Estée Lauder Night Repair Eye eye contour .
- Lecithin : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Hydrogenated Lecithin : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Fumaric Acid : Fumaric acid or trans-butenedioic acid is a food additive commonly found in candy. In addition to being an antioxidant, European and Asian studies have shown that psoriasis is due to a metabolic error in the metabolism of fumaric acid. Fumaric acid is normally present in all cells of the body as a component of the citric acid cycle, which is responsible for cellular energy production. In healthy individuals, fumaric acid forms on the skin when exposed to sunlight. Patients suffering from psoriasis cannot produce enough fumaric acid and therefore cell division becomes abnormal. When fumaric acid is supplemented orally and applied topically, most patients improve dramatically.
- Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium Amylopectin / Glycerin Crosspolymer : Tested in Endocare’s Cellage Cream Prodermis anti-wrinkle cream .
- Caprylyl Glycol : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Cyclodextrin : Analyzed in Lancôme Tonique Confort Comforting Facial Toner .
- Sodium Hydroxide : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Nordihydroguaiaretic Acid : Tested in Lab Series Night Recovery Lotion cream .
- Sodium Chloride : Analyzed in the Nuxellence de Nuxe eye contour .
- Ascorbyl Tocopheryl Maleate : Tested in Lab Series Night Recovery Lotion cream .
- Fragrance (Parfum) .
- Citric Acid : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Ethylbisiminomethylguaiacol Manganese Chloride : Analyzed in La Mer Revitalizing Hydrating Serum .
- Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate : Tested in Kiehl’s Facial Fuel Transformer Age anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Disodium Edta : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Bht : Analyzed in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Sodium Dehydroacetate : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Phenoxyethanol : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Blue 1 (Ci 42090) : Tested in Aquasource Gel De Biotherm cream .
- Yellow 5 (Ci 19140) : Tested on Clinique For Men eye contour .
- Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289) : Chromium Hydroxide Green is a pigment derived from the metal chromium that is used as a colorant to give cosmetics a green hue. It cannot be used in products intended for the lips.
Daywear Advanced Multi-Protection Anti-Oxidant Creme SPF15 Review Summary by Estee Lauder
It is a light moisturizer with a broad spectrum SPF 15 sun protection. Yes, this factor is not enough to protect the skin throughout the day. However, this is not intended to be a sunscreen.
It’s supposed to be a moisturizer with the added benefit of a little sun protection, which is always welcome.
It is a formula rich in antioxidants, although this is not reflected in the first positions, which are used by emollients and silicones to create a very pleasant texture. The hydrating effect lasts all day and does not make the skin greasy.
Protective effects begin with guava, gentian, and fallopia japonica extract, botanical antioxidants that protect skin from oxidative stress and collagen-damaging free radical damage .
Antioxidants are supplemented by rosemary extract, and grape extract, since the others (such as squalene, vitamin C, E and others) are in too low a concentration to show any benefit.
The formula is completed with soothing, anti-inflammatory ingredients and hyaluronic acid. Although again, most of them are in very low proportions.
Throughout the list we can also see irritant ingredients, perfume, coloring and some preservatives harmful to the skin distributed. What makes you consider the supposed benefit of this product.
The consistency of Estee Lauder Daywear Cream is light and absorbs quickly into the skin, leaving no residue on the surface of the skin or on the hands.
The cream has a light green color but is still transparent. Just because it has a light green tint does not mean it offers any color correction.
The product is scented. Therefore, if you are sensitive to fragrances, please avoid this product! As for the rest of the people, its lovely fragrance smells like fresh cut grass or something similar, and it does not last long on the skin.
As a moisturizer it is fine (although it is not the best we have tried). It is not a cream with many anti-aging or treatment properties. It’s pretty basic with a little sun protection and a ton of antioxidants.
This works to restore radiance and even skin tone, even if you don’t expect too much of an effect on pigmentation or fine lines.
However, although the cream works, its effect begins to diminish over time. That is, the last third of the container will not give you the same results that the rest of the product has provided.
This is because it is packaged in a jar with a lid . With the constant opening and closing of the jar throughout the month, the antioxidants present in the cream break down, reducing its effectiveness over time.
Air and sunlight also degrade functional assets, rendering them useless in a short time. This undermines any benefits that can be achieved, so it is not a cream that I would recommend.
The cream that we do recommend is the Nezeni Cosmetics option, a cosmetic that will do much more for your skin, and with a much more adjusted price.
It has a combination of antioxidants, peptides, and moisturizers that works great for treating fine lines and wrinkles, as well as hydrating and replenishing dehydrated skin.
Its packaging is much more protective than the jar, and we are sure that its assets will continue to offer results until the end. Finally, avoid any irritant, and limit preservatives as much as possible.
Kathie Sand always saw the world of beauty as the terrain on which to build her professional career, a goal that was clear to her when she was only 15 years old. Her great concern to expand knowledge led her to settle in Paris where she studied hand in hand with the best beauty professionals and with the most advanced techniques for skin care.